- How to Deal with BULLIES. Globus, Sheila // Current Health 1;Sep2001, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p6
Suggests ways to deal with bullies in schools.
- We hear from readers. // Curriculum Review;Nov95, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p2
Presents the comments of `Curriculum Review' readers to an American parent's complaint about random rough treatment of her son by school bullies. Need for the child to form an alliance with other threatened children; Need to develop an assertive a nd nonvictim posture; Need for parents to hold...
- Taming your child's bully. Saunders, Carol Silverman // Good Housekeeping;Nov95, Vol. 221 Issue 5, p206
Presents suggestions for parents to deal with a child bullying their children. Importance of home as a haven in which children can admit to being bullied; Five steps recommended by the American School Counselor Association (ASCA). INSET: Getting to the root of it..
- Big. Bad. Bully. Marano, Hara Estroff // Psychology Today;Sep/Oct95, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p50
Explores the nature and basis of the act of bullying in the United States. Personalities of a bully; Tales of bullying in schools and communities; Effects of the aggressive behavior on the bully. INSET: How to handle a bully..
- Smart ways to handle kids who pick on others. Kreidler, William J. // Instructor-Intermediate;Sep96, Vol. 106 Issue 2, p70
Presents activities and strategies in helping the bullies and the kids they target, to change their behavior. Insights on the habits of bullies; Extending help for the bullied child; Information on children's books about bullying.
- South Australia. Colman, Adrian // Youth Studies Australia;Winter1995, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p6
Reports on the findings of Flinders University lecturer Phillip Slee's study on bullying in South Australian schools. Sexual harassment by bullies; Children's drawings as basis; Link between bullying and school performance; Link between bullying and truancy.
- Girls can be bullies,too. // USA Today Magazine;Mar94, Vol. 122 Issue 2586, p8
Discusses the bullying behavior of young girls. Effect of the Women's Movement; Verbal bullying; Use of fists to settle disputes in the 12 to 16 age range; Use of words to taunt peers in the older group; Bullying as a pattern; Advice to parents.
- Banish the bullies! Shaffer, Jeffery // Christian Science Monitor;7/13/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 160, p11
Comments on bullies and bullying in schools in the United States, and the view that the best solution to prevent bullying is to remove bullies from schools.
- Bullies and victims. Hoover, John; Hazler, Richard J. // Elementary School Guidance & Counseling;Feb91, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p212
Reports that the topic of bullying in the United States has been given little professional attention. Dimensions of the bullying problem; Characteristics of the bully and victim; Two school climate issues from consideration of bullying and whipping boy problems.