Another CIO takes over retail bank
- Inside track. Molinari, Deanne // Grand Rapids Business Journal;05/04/98, Vol. 16 Issue 18, p5
Profiles Kevin Kabat, president of the Old Kent Financial Corp. Career in banking; Background in human resources management; Educational attainment; Mentors at Old Kent; Involvement in mergers and acquisitions; Information technology in banking; Amount allocated to solve the millennium bug.
- Old Kent makes changes at top. Ghering, Mike // Grand Rapids Business Journal;2/24/97, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p3
No abstract available.
- Employee retention woes affect all companies. Molinari, Deanne // Grand Rapids Business Journal;03/23/98, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p11
Focuses on Kevin Kabat's plans as bank president and senior executive vice president for Old Kent Financial Corp. in hiring and retaining the corporation's 7,200 employees. Necessary steps to recruiting; Importance of employee retention for the company's bottom line; Partnerships with temporary...
- Old Kent growth symbolized in red. Ghering, Mike // Grand Rapids Business Journal;05/06/96, Vol. 14 Issue 19, p12
Reports on the changes made in Old Kent Financial Corp.'s corporate logo. Comment by Tanya Berg, associate vice president of the company; Description of the company's logo; Reason for the changes.
- Quarterly earnings. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;02/16/98, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p28
Reports on the financial performance of Old Kent Financial Corp. in the fourth quarter of 1997.
- Banking on insurance. // Crain's Detroit Business;09/29/97, Vol. 13 Issue 39, p47
Provides information on the purchase of Grand Rapids Holland Insurance Agency Incorporated by Old Kent Financial Corporation, which placed the agency in the top 50 insurance agencies in the United States. Comments from Ralph Garlick, president of Old Kent's operations.
- Old Kent's new focus: Retail and mortgages. Zack, Jeffrey // American Banker;1/31/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 20, p1A
Features Old Kent Financial Corp. located in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Consistency in earning growth; Dominance in the western Michigan market; Efficiency ratio; Maintenance of earnings growth; Pressure on net interest margins; Expansion towards retail banking and mortgage banking; Strong...
- Old Kent betting on retail strategy for strength to keep acquirers at bay. Klinkerman, Steve // American Banker;12/15/1993, Vol. 158 Issue 238, p4
Features Old Kent Financial Corp. in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Emphasis on consumer banking; Capitalization and credit quality; Installment loans; Mortgage conduit widening; Competitive disparities.
- Costs shoot down Old Kent's any-airline travel program. Meece, Mickey // American Banker;10/9/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 194, p15
Explains the factors behind the discontinuation of Old Kent Financial Corp.'s any-airline travel program, the CardMiles. Reason for Old Kent Financial Corp.'s high level of redemptions; Old Kent Financial Corp.'s plan to enhance its credit-card that awarded frequent-flier discounts redeemable on...