Booksellers jump on the National Lesbian and Gay Book Month bandwagon
- A flurry of activity on the gay front. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;2/1/93, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p43
States that Alberta gays and lesbians may launch a tourism boycott of the province to protest government inaction on including sexual orientation in human rights legislation. Pressing the case for gay rights; Edmonton pair Melody Smiser and Bonnie Long say they will leave country unless they get...
- On second thought. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;2/22/93, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p51
Reports that members of the Calgary Lesbian and Gay Political Action Guild have decided they will not take part in a provincial government survey of public support for guaranteeing protection to gays in Canada. Low support in Alberta for homosexual human rights protection.
- Battle of the bullies. McGovern, Celeste // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;4/19/93, Vol. 20 Issue 18, p28
Discusses the events at St. Paul's University in Ottawa involving combative heterosexual skinheads and a dozen pugnacious homosexuals with persecution complexes. The visit of Sue Careless, founder of the Toronto-based Citizens United for Responsible Education (CURE); Careless' speech; Details.
- Gay couple uncoupled. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;4/19/93, Vol. 20 Issue 18, p43
States Pierre Beaulne and Todd Layland, who were denied a marriage license at Ottawa city hall in 1992 have split up.
- THE JOY OF BEING GAY. Woodward, Bill // Advocate;7/22/86, Issue 451, p38
Recounts the author's experiences as a gay man in the U.S. Mistaking a friend to be gay; Realization that the person the author saw in a gay bar was actually the twin brother.
- IL: Chicago, ILLINOIS. // Advocate;10/28/86, Issue 458, p26
Reports on the participation of gay bars and businesses to put the words 'Gay Dollar' on bills spent by gay people and their supporters in the United States.
- HIGH-TECH PROGRESS AND HOMETOWN COMFORTS: A GAY COMMUNITY COMES OF AGE IN SAN JOSE. Koskovich, Gerard // Advocate;10/28/86, Issue 458, p28
Reports on the growth of a gay community in San Jose, California. Benefits from the high technology growth; Business environment in San Jose.
- GAY LIFE 'DOWN UNDER': SIGNALS FROM THE U.S., MUCH TO OFFER IN RETURN. Bennett, Garry // Advocate;10/28/86, Issue 458, p30
Focuses on gay life in Australia. Highlights of the Gay Games II; Image of Australian life.
- Rob Eichberg: Helping to Raise Gays' Consciousness. Daniels, Matthew // Advocate;10/28/86, Issue 458, p36
Focuses on efforts to raise gays' consciousness in the United States. Highlights of the workshop 'Being Powerful in the Face of AIDS.'
- A LETTER FROM LONDON. De Jongh, Nicholas // Advocate;7/7/87, Issue 476, p28
Discusses the problems of gays in Great Britain. Sneers and jeers from the public, law enforcement officers and the government; Witch-hunting efforts against gays; AIDS benefit concert sponsored by Terrence Higgins Trust, an AIDS organization.