Booksellers jump on the National Lesbian and Gay Book Month bandwagon
- BIKESCENE. Kyne, Jack // Advocate;1/11/78, Issue 232, p10
Reports on issues related to gays in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and Salt Lake City, Utah as of January 11, 1978. Events hosted by Philadelphians for gays on the New Year's Day; Impact of the domination of the Mormon Church on the lifestyle of gays in Salt Lake City.
- NEWS OF THE GAY Calgary New Group. // Body Politic;Spring73, Issue 8, p20
Deals with the services offered by the People's Liberation Coalition to the gay community in Calgary, Alberta.
- SHORT TAKES: Brussels. // Advocate;3/19/81, Issue 313, p28
Reports that members of the GAY collective distributed several cards reading 'I am a homosexual' to passerby in Brussels, Belgium.
- SHORT TAKES: Capitola (California). // Advocate;3/19/81, Issue 313, p28
Reports that a group of gays appeared at a city council meeting to ask an end to undercover operations against homosexuals in restrooms in Capitola, California.
- INTERNATIONAL: Gay Support Group Forms in Tokyo. // Advocate;8/19/82, Issue 349, p16
Reports on the formation of the Tokyo Gay Support Group in February 1981. Meeting schedule.
- Feuding Iranian groups look to future. Rau, Krishna // Xtra (Toronto);11/19/2009, Issue 654, p7
This article discusses the conflict between two Toronto, Ontario-based groups working to aid gay people in Iran.
- Laurie Taylor. Taylor, Laurie // New Statesman;10/25/96, Vol. 125 Issue 4307, p55
Focuses on being gay. Enthusiasm in sexual relationships; Characteristics; Familiarity with people's foibles.
- HIDEBOUND HCRF. // Advocate;1/15/91, Issue 568, p10
Reports on the reaction of the Detroit, Michigan chapter of the National Leather Association (NLA) to the Human Rights Campaign Fund's (HCRF) announcement that it would hold an awards ceremonies in the city. Bases of the objection of NLA for the move of the HCRF.
- Uganda court rules media cannot 'out' gay Ugandans. // Bay Windows;1/6/2011, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p4
The article reports that the High Court of Uganda took decision on the ban of publishing the names and photos of gay man participating in the vitriolic campaign, by media in Uganda.
- NATIONAL ROUNDUP. WOOTEN, AMY // Windy City Times;10/8/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p5
This section offers gay-related news briefs in the U.S. including a resolution that urges recognition of the need for stable housing for AIDS victims and a bill vetoed by Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to honor gay civil riots pioneer Harvey Milk.