CVS founder Goldstein dies
- Joseph P. Fallon Memorial Award. Putnam, Frederick W. // PSA Journal;Oct96, Vol. 62 Issue 10, p18
Features Sidney B. Goldstein, the 1996 recipient of the Photographic Society of America's (PSA) Joseph P. Fallon Memorial Award. Role as a member and leader of PSA activities; Efforts to recruit new members.
- Sidney B. Goldstein, FPSA, PPSA. Tansiongkun, Greg // PSA Journal;Jun2005, Vol. 71 Issue 6, p38
Presents an obituary for Photographic Society of America's photographer Sidney Goldstein.
- Peoples stores taking CVS name. // Drug Topics;2/7/94, Vol. 138 Issue 3, p6
Reports on the decision of CVS to rename its Peoples Drug Stores division to operate under the CVS name. Number of stores operated by CVS; 1993 sales.
- CVS lowers Peoples banner and starts raising its own. Brookman, Faye // Drug Topics;3/7/94, Vol. 138 Issue 5, p100
Reports that CVS has started moves to take down the Peoples logo and put up its own on former Peoples store units that it acquired all over the United States. Consumer research on the name change; Reasons for the company's move.
- CVS makes new moves. // Drug Topics;6/27/94, Vol. 138 Issue 12, p52
Reports on CVS' reorganization of its purchasing and merchandising departments into one merchandising department in order to consolidate buying and store presentation functions. Adoption of a category management strategy and creation of new positions to support the reorganization.
- CVS expansion. // Drug Topics;10/7/96, Vol. 140 Issue 19, p32
Reports on CVS Inc.'s plans of opening a store in Greenville, South Carolina.
- Pre-merger stats. Muirhead, Greg // Drug Topics;5/5/97, Vol. 141 Issue 9, p100
Reports on CVS Inc.'s same-store sales for the week ended March 29, 1997. Increase in total sales for the period; Revco D.S.'s purchase by CVS.
- CVS drops ChoiceCare, HIP. // Drug Topics;10/6/97, Vol. 141 Issue 19, p7
States that the CVS drug chain will ceased in the participation of Health Insurance Plans of Greater New York and ChoiceCare health plans. Reasons for this move; Comments from ChoiceCare director of pharmacy services Pete Reeme.
- CVS invests $65 million in image campaign. // Drug Topics;2/2/98, Vol. 142 Issue 3, p7
Reports on the aims of CVS company to promote its pharmacists as `symbols of caring.' Estimation of spendings by CVS to market its pharmacists; Information on the company's campaign.