CVS founder Goldstein dies
- Joseph P. Fallon Memorial Award. Putnam, Frederick W. // PSA Journal;Oct96, Vol. 62 Issue 10, p18
Features Sidney B. Goldstein, the 1996 recipient of the Photographic Society of America's (PSA) Joseph P. Fallon Memorial Award. Role as a member and leader of PSA activities; Efforts to recruit new members.
- Sidney B. Goldstein, FPSA, PPSA. Tansiongkun, Greg // PSA Journal;Jun2005, Vol. 71 Issue 6, p38
Presents an obituary for Photographic Society of America's photographer Sidney Goldstein.
- CVS makes new moves. // Drug Topics;6/27/94, Vol. 138 Issue 12, p52
Reports on CVS' reorganization of its purchasing and merchandising departments into one merchandising department in order to consolidate buying and store presentation functions. Adoption of a category management strategy and creation of new positions to support the reorganization.
- CVS drops ChoiceCare, HIP. // Drug Topics;10/6/97, Vol. 141 Issue 19, p7
States that the CVS drug chain will ceased in the participation of Health Insurance Plans of Greater New York and ChoiceCare health plans. Reasons for this move; Comments from ChoiceCare director of pharmacy services Pete Reeme.
- CVS invests $65 million in image campaign. // Drug Topics;2/2/98, Vol. 142 Issue 3, p7
Reports on the aims of CVS company to promote its pharmacists as `symbols of caring.' Estimation of spendings by CVS to market its pharmacists; Information on the company's campaign.
- City drugstores' big headache: An aggressively expanding CVS. Walsh, Mark // Crain's New York Business;11/03/97, Vol. 13 Issue 44, p4
Focuses on the expansion plans of CVS Corporation, to added over 40 stores in Manhattan by the year 2000. Business interest of CVS; Possible impact of CVS's plans on independent corner drugstores; Details on the expansion plans.
- CVS contacts more than 10 shops for pitch. Kim, Hank // Adweek Eastern Edition;5/12/1997, Vol. 38 Issue 19, p10
Details CVS Inc.'s invitation to more than 10 agencies to pitch the creative portion its advertising account. Worth of the account; Agencies that received the questionnaires requesting for capabilities and creative samples.
- New CVS prototype spotlights cosmetics. Parks, Liz // Drug Store News;9/9/96, Vol. 18 Issue 14, p3
Reports on CVS' launching of a prototype with an enhanced emphasis on cosmetics. Devotion of most of the added space to the beauty care categories; Brands carried; Upscale advertising program; CVS' testing of the prototype with a full service program in approximately 14 stores; Layout and...
- CVS broadcast account in play; Revco a factor. Gianatasio, David; Merrill, Cristina // Adweek Eastern Edition;3/10/1997, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p4
Reports that CVS is reviewing its broadcast planning and buying account which will likely double in size once the pharmacy chain completes its planned acquisition of Revco. DeWitt Media and TBS Media Management as finalists in the media-only review; Morgan Anderson & Co. as manager of the...