CVS founder Goldstein dies
- Joseph P. Fallon Memorial Award. Putnam, Frederick W. // PSA Journal;Oct96, Vol. 62 Issue 10, p18
Features Sidney B. Goldstein, the 1996 recipient of the Photographic Society of America's (PSA) Joseph P. Fallon Memorial Award. Role as a member and leader of PSA activities; Efforts to recruit new members.
- Sidney B. Goldstein, FPSA, PPSA. Tansiongkun, Greg // PSA Journal;Jun2005, Vol. 71 Issue 6, p38
Presents an obituary for Photographic Society of America's photographer Sidney Goldstein.
- CVS drops ChoiceCare, HIP. // Drug Topics;10/6/97, Vol. 141 Issue 19, p7
States that the CVS drug chain will ceased in the participation of Health Insurance Plans of Greater New York and ChoiceCare health plans. Reasons for this move; Comments from ChoiceCare director of pharmacy services Pete Reeme.
- City drugstores' big headache: An aggressively expanding CVS. Walsh, Mark // Crain's New York Business;11/03/97, Vol. 13 Issue 44, p4
Focuses on the expansion plans of CVS Corporation, to added over 40 stores in Manhattan by the year 2000. Business interest of CVS; Possible impact of CVS's plans on independent corner drugstores; Details on the expansion plans.
- New CVS prototype spotlights cosmetics. Parks, Liz // Drug Store News;9/9/96, Vol. 18 Issue 14, p3
Reports on CVS' launching of a prototype with an enhanced emphasis on cosmetics. Devotion of most of the added space to the beauty care categories; Brands carried; Upscale advertising program; CVS' testing of the prototype with a full service program in approximately 14 stores; Layout and...
- CVS broadcast account in play; Revco a factor. Gianatasio, David; Merrill, Cristina // Adweek Eastern Edition;3/10/1997, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p4
Reports that CVS is reviewing its broadcast planning and buying account which will likely double in size once the pharmacy chain completes its planned acquisition of Revco. DeWitt Media and TBS Media Management as finalists in the media-only review; Morgan Anderson & Co. as manager of the...
- CVS seeks more beauty bucks with revamp. Brookman, Faye // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/23/1996, Vol. 172 Issue 38, p7
Reports on drugstore chain, CVS' opening of additional stores designed with full-service beauty departments. Projected increase in cosmetics and fragrance sales; Presence of well-trained beauty consultants in stores; Testing of a service cosmetics approach.
- CVS sings, `I want to be a part of it, New York, N.Y.'. Fried, Lisa I. // Drug Store News;2/16/98, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p4
Focuses on the expansion plans by CVS Inc. in New York City. Number of stores that the drugstore chain plans to add in three years; Comment by Tom Ryan, president and chief executive officer of the company; Number of stores operated by the company in Manhattan in New York City.
- CVS chain goes against the EAS grain. // Drug Topics;4/8/96, Vol. 140 Issue 7, p114
Reports on CVS's signing on with acusto-magnetic electronic article surveillance (EAS) technology for source-tagging theft-prone products, and the usual radio frequency system used by other chain drugstore competitors. Contract of CVS with Sensormatic Electronics Corp.; Technological capability...