90-year-old Stanley Marcus is having `a very good time'
- Stanley Marcus set to observe 90th birthday. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/13/1995, Vol. 169 Issue 48, p17
Reports that Stanley Marcus will lead the morning employee meeting at the Neiman Marcus on April 29, 1995 in honor of his 90th birthday. Marcus' career history.
- STANLEY MARCUS: A LUXURY LEGEND. Haber, Holly // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/11/2003, Vol. 186 Issue 121, WWD VISIONARIES p11
Profiles the late Stanley Marcus, the man behind luxury retailer Neiman Marcus. Penchant for the dramatic; Brief history of the retailer; Marketing strategies; Approach to business.
- Veteran Marcus passes. // Home Textiles Today;1/28/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 21, p13
Reports the death of Neiman Marcus chairman Stanley Marcus in Dallas, Texas. Work accomplishments as chairman; Comment of firm president Burton Tansky on the influence of Marcus to the firm; Recall of JCPenny chairman Allen Questrom on the excellence of Marcus.
- Family honor. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;4/1/1999, Vol. 177 Issue 62, p5
Discloses that Neiman Marcus chairman emeritus Stanley Marcus will present the Missouri family with his Stanley Award on May 14, 1999 to honor them for a lifetime achievement on the international fashion scene.
- The Wit and Wisdom of a Retailing Giant. Raphel, Murray // Art Business News;Mar2004, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p80
Focuses on Stanley Marcus, chairman of the Neiman Marcus department stores. His ideas on retail marketing; Importance of handling people for the success of any business; His impression that art gallieries do not know how to follow up with a customer.
- LEGEND STANLEY MARCUS' FERVOR FOR PHOTOGRAPHY. Haber, Holly // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;2/28/2008, Vol. 195 Issue 44, p18
The article offers information on a photography exhibition titled "Reflection of a Man: The Photographs of Stanley Marcus" presented at the Dallas Museum of Art until March 30, 2008. Stanley Marcus was the son of Neiman Marcus founder Herbert Marcus. William Rudolph, an associate curator at the...
- The Stanley Factor. Moin, David // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/1/2007, Vol. 194 Issue 47, p36
This article offers information on Stanley Marcus, son of Herbert Marcus who was one of the founders of fashion retailer Neiman Marcus. During the 1930s, employees called him Mr. Stanley as a way to distinguish him from other family members managing Neiman Marcus. Even after his retirement,...
- Neiman's doesn't shop around for leadership. // Chain Store Age;Mar1997, Vol. 73 Issue 3, p48
No abstract available.
- Neiman's makes tracks. Haber, Holly // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/15/95, Vol. 170 Issue 112, p8
Focuses on Neiman Marcus' Holiday Express, an elegant restored passenger train that is stocked with gifts. Train's route; Scheduled stops for the 1995 Christmas season; Bestsellers in 1994; Description of items offered on the train.