Crash of the 21st Century Limited
- Spare The Message. Burka, Paul // Texas Monthly;Mar2002, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p9
Comments on the collapse of Enron Corp., an energy firm in the U.S.. Role of Enron executives's greediness in the company's demise; Arguments advanced by Enron on the benefit of deregulation to electric rates; Views on the political contributions made by the company.
- Who's to blame? Kurson, Ken // Money;Sep2002, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p87
Focuses on the causes of business failures in the U.S. and the question of who should be blamed for the collapse of some large corporations. Wealth in the U.S. which has been generated by business; Topic of corruption in business; Thoughts on panic over the stock market.
- Requiem for Enron. Dettmer, Jamie; Berlau, John // Insight on the News;1/7/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p12
Explores the factors which contributed to the collapse of the U.S. energy firm Enron in 2002. Evidence of corruption and bad investments; Assessment of the indirect contribution of the Congress to the collapse of the company; Value of the bankruptcy case filed by the company; Evaluation of...
- Southwest Exchange closure exposes regulatory flaws. Illia, Tony // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);2/12/2007, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p5
The article focuses on the controversy over the closure of Southwest Exchange Corp. in Las Vegas, Nevada. The firm and its three chief officers were summarily suspended by the State Division of Real Estate on February 5, 2007. The action followed complaints that the company was pocketing real...
- Afterward, a dealer wonders: What brought me down? Chappell, Lindsay // Automotive News;9/25/2006 Supplement, Vol. 81, p78
No abstract available.
- The Fragility of Organizational Trust: Lessons From the Rise and Fall of Enron. CURRALL, STEVEN C.; EPSTEIN, MARC J. // Organizational Dynamics;May2003, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p193
The article discusses the importance of trust to the success and failure of companies and their managers. It is worth noting that the business press has been filled with stories of the collapse of companies like Enron Corp., WorldCom Inc., and Tyco International. Regulators are concerned that...
- B of A Role in Jump Of Parmalat Shares. // American Banker;4/27/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 80, p18
No abstract available.
- DEMYSTIFYING the Rating Agencies. Sagner, James S. // Financial Executive;Jun2003, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p22
The article focuses on the role of credit rating agencies in the recent business failures of Enron Corp., WorldCom Inc., and other business scandals. It mentions that rating agencies are an important element of global financial systems but there is little information available on just how these...
- Psst! Wanna get rich quick? Whitfield, Bruce // Finweek;6/25/2009, p29
The article reports on the issue concerning the failure of an investment scheme allegedly run by Barry Tannenbaum, a resident of Sydney, New South Wales. It states that the issue arises since Tannenbaum denied a wrongdoing he committed saying that his business was also a victim of the global...