Poison pills: How toxic are they?
- Factors Affecting the Value of the Stock Voting Right: Evidence from the Swiss Equity Market. Kunz, Roger M.; Angel, James J. // FM: The Journal of the Financial Management Association;Autumn96, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p7
Reports that Switzerland offers a natural setting for investigating factors affecting the value of the stock voting rights. Previous work on the value of corporate voting rights; Equity capital structure of Swiss companies; Data used in the study; Measurement of the premium in value of the...
- Business should act for all its stakeholders--before `the feds' do. Mahoney, Richard J. // NACD Directorship;Feb97, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p4
Focuses on the need for corporations to take heed of employee and other stakeholders' rights. Need to modify corporate behavior; Anger caused by executive stock-option gains; Broadening stock option participation.
- Double your pleasure. // Newsweek;5/9/1994, Vol. 123 Issue 19, p51
Describes the small bonuses for shareholders provided by many companies. Purchase of 100 shares of CML Group returns a ten percent discount on their NordicTrack exercise machines and Smith & Hawken garden equipment. What Wrigley gum offers.
- Appendix 2. Shareholder's Rights in Estonia. // University of Tartu - Faculty of Economics & Business Administra;2006, Issue 44, p76
Presents a chart that details shareholder's rights in Estonia.
- Lessons from Metcash's right issue. de Klerk, Vic // Finance Week;03/09/2001, p37
Focuses on the Metcash rights issue in South Africa. Shares of Rand Merchant Bank and Liberty Asset Managers, underwriters of the issue; Context of the Metcash right issue; Significance of Metcash share prices.
- Fay's raises anti-takeover shield. // Drug Store News;9/4/95, Vol. 17 Issue 14, p8
Reports on the adoption of a shareholder rights plan by Fay's Inc., designed to insulate the company from unwanted suitors. Comment of senior vice president and corporate counsel Warren Wolfson on the plan; Terms of the plan.
- Taking stock of balance sheet risks. Zolkos, Rodd // Business Insurance;02/10/97, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p3
Argues that increase awareness of companies' balance sheets can cause shareholders to query risks. Questions risks managers should seek to examine; Areas of concerns which risks managers should focus; Comments from executive vice president Dominic J. Frederico.
- Is Calton all right? // Business News New Jersey;02/08/99, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p2
Reports on the implications of New Jersey-based Calton Inc.'s adoption of a shareholder rights' plan. Rejection of a front-end loaded acquisition; Calton's sale of its homebuilding unit to Centex; Number of Calton shares bought by chief executive officer Anthony Caldarone.
- Artimplant board okays new stock issue. // Medical Device Daily;8/5/2010, Vol. 14 Issue 151, p8
The article reports on the decision of the board of Artimplant to propose the implementation of a rights issue designed to generate capital input for the company.