Lover of the law of numbers
- Testing times for the tax man. Ferrers, Tony // Chartered Accountants Journal;Feb2000, Vol. 79 Issue 1, p90
Focuses on integrity measures to combat tax avoidance in Australia. Community dimension to taxation; Acceptance of taxes as a field for entrepreneurial and cost-cutting techniques; Restriction of the alienation of personal services.
- How to recoup $1 billion. // State Government News;Sep96, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p13
Focuses on a study showing how road-fund taxes and fees are evaded in the United States. Report titled `Road Fund Tax Evasion: A State Perspective'; Recommended anti-evasion strategies.
- INTERNATIONAL TAX. Reid, Alan; Billmoria, Jehangir // Accountancy;Oct82, Vol. 93 Issue 1070, p10
Reports on tax changes in Australia in 1982. Reduction of personal tax, some tax concessions for business, rebates for pensioners, dividends and relief for home loan payments; Dividend rebate; Company tax; Interest on overdue tax; Bank taxation; Anti-avoidance regulations.
- Cross-border regulatory agreements to manage tax avoidance. Spits, Jason // Money Management;8/1/2013, Vol. 27 Issue 29, p4
The article reports on the overseas regulatory agreements signed by the Australian government to manage tax avoidance.
- Partnership taxation: consultative document. Eastaway, Nigel; Livens, Leslie; Burwood, Stephen // Accountancy;Dec1984, Vol. 95 Issue 1096, p26
Presents suggestions by a consultative paper on the avoidance of tax by partnerships in Great Britain. Individual assessment; Mandatory continuation; Current year basis; Balancing adjustments; Conventional basis.
- G-20 Asks Nations to Work to Curb Tax Evasion. Nair, G. Sudhakar // India -- West;11/11/2011, Vol. 36 Issue 51, pA40
The article reports that the group of 20 nations (G-20) urged countries to curb tax evasion.
- UK business development and the low tax area. Leach, Trevor // Accountancy;Aug1978, Vol. 89 Issue 1020, p71
Investigates opportunities to mitigate burdens of tax payers and easing their tax liabilities in Great Britain. Route of tax planning considered; Guidelines for tax timing game recommended; Sample calculations enclosed.
- VAT. Elliott, Graham // Accountancy;Mar1999, Vol. 123 Issue 1267, p116
Reports on the legislation to counter avoidance schemes being offered to profit-making proprietorial sports clubs in Great Britain. Adoption of the exempt value-added tax treatment for non-profit clubs.
- Republicans said a bill approved. MacLachlan, Suzanne; Mutch, David // Christian Science Monitor;6/15/95, Vol. 87 Issue 140, p2
Informs the approval of a bill by the House Ways and Means Committee, which will plug the loopholes which help the rich people to avoid taxes by renouncing their citizenship.