The politics of display or the display of politics?
- L.A.'s Art Historian: Henryl. Hopkins, 1928-2009. Willick, Damon // X-tra: Contemporary Art Quarterly;Spring2010, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p66
The article profiles Henry T. Hopkins, an art historian from Los Angeles, California. Hopkins studied painting and art history at the University of California in 1957, after his undergraduate studies at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago and the U.S. Army service. He curated one of the...
- Los Estudios Visuales en la encrucijada. Justificaciones acadÃ©micas de la deficiente formaciÃ³n estÃ©tica imperante en las sociedades tecnolÃ³gicamente desarrolladas. Latorre Izquierdo, Jorge // Estudios Sobre Educacion;2008, Issue 14, p63
This paper is based on the status quaestionis of Visual Studies in Spain; particularly on the still latent opposition to traditional studies of History of Art. This confrontation, which reminds us of the times of dialectics, does not help students to appreciate art museums nor the aesthetic...
- The Fire Setter. // Time;5/27/1957, Vol. 69 Issue 21, p55
The article features Theodore Sizer, a professor of the history of art at Yale University. It states that Sizer had transformed the art gallery of Yale from a storehouse of paintings into a teaching museum. It mentions that a combined taste of excellence and taste for tolerance were given by...
- Learning lessons. STREET, BEN // Apollo: The International Magazine for Collectors;Apr2015, Vol. 181 Issue 630, p34
This article discusses the educational aspects of art museums. The author comments on the role of art museums in public art education and describes their efforts related to public and community outreach. A brief history of art museum education programs is provided and the evolution of museum...
- Yale University Art Gallery. Liu, Robert K. // Ornament;Summer2001, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p64
Features the art collection at the Yale University Art Gallery in New Haven, Connecticut. Description of jewelry and figurine displays; Collection of Mayan arts in carved hardstones; Details on several clay figurines.
- Toy Stories & Winter Scenes. // Antiques & Collecting Magazine;Dec2003, Vol. 108 Issue 10, p10
Reviews an exhibition of antique toys, which will be presented at the UBS Art Gallery in Manhattan, New York from December 15, 2003 to January 2, 2004.
- Impressive collection of top artists on show. McLaughlin, Catherine // Alberta Sweetgrass;Sep2002, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p9
Reports the exhibition of paintings and drawings from aboriginal artists at Prairie Art Gallery in Grande Prairie, Alberta. Enumeration of involved artists in the exhibition; Comparison of color between native art and traditional European art; Inclusion of biographies and statements from the...
- The Rocking Horse Gallery. Weatherly, Whitney // Teddy Bear & Friends;Mar/Apr2006, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p54
The article presents information on the 14th holiday artist show at the Rocking Horse Gallery that was held in December 2005.
- New reflections on art. Mason, M.S. // Christian Science Monitor;7/13/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 160, p13
Discusses how art museums are using colored walls, period music, and other display techniques to help create an evocative environment for the paintings and artwork.