A giant purchaser of commodity plastics
Tags: PLASTICS industries
- Plastics Industry plays large role in Mohawk Valley's Economy. Dickinson, Casey J. // Business Journal (Central New York);02/04/2000, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p26
Discusses the significant role of plastics industry in the economy of Mohawk River Valley, New York. Number of plastics manufacturing firms; Industries served by the plastics manufacturers; Support of government and local economic development officials.
- Plastics Industry & Trade. // Plastic Materials Industry Yearbook;Jan2001/2002, p1
Presents an economic analysis of the Plastic Materials Industry as of January 2001. Overview of the current state of the sector; Factors affecting its financial health and how insiders are reacting to those issues; How demand for the service has changed and what is expected for the future;...
- European plastics face uncertain future as prices drop. Thomas, Nick // Chemical Week;11/15/95, Vol. 157 Issue 18, p19
Reports on the continuing decline in the prices of plastics which adversely affecting the European plastics market. High inventories for most products; Prediction that the expected recovery in 1996 will be at a lower level than previously thought; Details regarding the performance of some...
- Developing the plastics industry in a community. Stucki, Heinz // Economic Development Review;Summer94, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p42
Presents the development of a plastics industry in a community. Description of the industry; Locational requirements; Ways in which a community could attract investment for the industry.
- Top Area Plastics Manufacturers. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;4/29/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 17, pB2
Lists the top plastic manufacturers in Grand Rapids, Michigan, ranked by 2001 revenue. Number of local employees; Certification; Processes used; Products manufactured locally; Major clients; Lacks Enterprises Corp.; Cascade Engineering; ADAC Plastics Inc.; Leon Plastics Inc.; Grand Rapids...
- Complexity Is Key To Survival For Plastics Firms. Rent, Katy // Grand Rapids Business Journal;4/29/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 17, pB7
Reports on the findings of a performance benchmarking survey of plastics manufacturers, completed by the Michigan Manufacturing Technology Center. Factors responsible for the declining performance of the industry; Impact of globalization on the plastics market; Problem of undercapitalization;...
- Plastic under pressure. Light, Elizabeth // NZ Business;Feb98, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p36
Gives information on the plastic industry, which is in a state of transition, with reference to companies that are restructuring, refocusing and taking positive steps to ensure they survive and thrive in a volatile market. Background information on the plastic industry; Comments from chief...
- FYI... // Plastics News;09/14/98, Vol. 10 Issue 29, p3
Presents statistical information representing film and sheet manufacturing in the plastics industry in the United States.
- 1998 survey of North American film & sheet manufacturers. // Plastics News;09/14/98, Vol. 10 Issue 29, p19
Presents statistical information on the results of a 1998 survey of film and sheet manufacturers in North America. Examination of the secondary services offered; Details on the top end markets.
- Film & sheet manufacturers. // Plastics News;09/14/98, Vol. 10 Issue 29, p20
Presents information on the rankings of film and sheet manufacturers in North America, according to sales of those products as reported on September 14, 1998.