- Republicans back off plan to reduce Medicare spending. Cassil, Alwyn // AHA News;06/08/98, Vol. 34 Issue 22, p1
Reports that United States House Republicans dropped a plan to reduce Medicare spending in the United States in 1999. Comments from Rick Pollack, executive vice president of the American Hospital Association; Move taken by House Budget Committee Chair John Kasich (R-OH); Accusations of the...
- GOP's big Medicare gamble. // Hill;5/16/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 65, p1
The article discusses the approach of the Republican Party on the issue of House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan's controversial plan to turn Medicare into a type of voucher system in the U.S.
- Anxious House GOP vows to improve Medicare message after loss in NY-26. Hooper, Molly K.; Berman, Russell; Cohn, Emily // Hill;5/26/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 73, p1
The article reports on the efforts of Republican Party lawmakers to defend their vote to reform Medicare in the U.S.
- The GOP's mixed Medicare message. Conason, Joe // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;2/22/2010, Vol. 39 Issue 37, p14
The author comments on the shift in the U.S. Republican leadership's attitude toward Medicare.
- Republican rift widens on Medicare. Bolton, Alexander // Hill;5/10/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 61, p1
The article reports on the widening of the gap in the Republican Party due to the controversial proposals to cut Medicare in the U.S.
- News clips. // AHA News;8/19/96, Vol. 32 Issue 33, p1
No abstract available.
- Huge cuts considered in Medicare, Medicaid. // Ophthalmology Times;3/6/95, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p5
Reports on the effort of Republican in the US Congress to develop strategies to save at least 500 billion dollars from Medicare and Medicaid. Conservative think tanks that help the legislators to outline cost-saving measures.
- Senate GOPers grumble over Medicare bill veto. Rushing, J. Taylor // Hill;7/17/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 83, p3
The article reports on the impact of the presidential veto over the Medicare bill on the Republican Party in the U.S.
- GOP begins detailing Medicare plans. Weissenstein, Eric // Modern Healthcare;9/11/95, Vol. 25 Issue 37, p2
Reports on the unveiling of Congressional Republicans' Medicare reform plans during the first week of September 1995. Terms of the reform plan; Implications of the proposed reforms for providers and beneficiaries; Role of the federal government in the overseeing the health plans.