CNA ratings lowered, Continental's stable
- Up to 6,000 job cuts seen in CNA-Continental merger. Mulcahy, Colleen // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;2/27/95, Vol. 99 Issue 9, p1
Reports on the workforce reductions resulting from the merger between CNA Financial Corp. and Continental Corporation. Plans of CNA Financial Corp. to improve labor efficiency through downsizing of workforce; Views of CNA Financial Corp. president Dennis Chookaszin on the impact of the merger...
- CNA, digesting Continental buy, sees savings of $300 million. Fritz, Michael // Crain's New York Business;6/03/96, Vol. 12 Issue 23, p15
Reports on Chicago, Illinois-based CNA Financial Corp.'s acquisition of New York, New York-based property/casualty insurer Continental Corp. CNA's net operating earnings; Boosting sales through independent agents and new sales channels.
- CNA Financial to acquire Continental Insurance Cos. // Best's Review / Property-Casualty Insurance Edition;Feb95, Vol. 95 Issue 10, p10
Reports the possible acquisition by Chicago's CNA Financial Corp. of Continental Corporation. Deal worth $1.1 billion; Additional investment by CNA; Credit rating of CNA.
- CNA-Continental merger whittles agency ranks. // Best's Review / Property-Casualty Insurance Edition;Dec95, Vol. 96 Issue 8, p73
Presents information on the impact of the merger of CNA Financial Corporation and Continental Corporation. Comments by Bill Shaffer, spokeman for CNA.
- Insurers to benefit from smart money. Greenwald, Judy // Business Insurance;12/12/94, Vol. 28 Issue 50, p1
Reports on the impact of the acquisition of Continental Corporation on the size and ranking of CNA Financial Corporation. Background of both companies; Operation structure; Issues regarding corporate culture; Response of investors; Deal of Continental with Insurance Partners.
- CNA Fin'l in consolidation mode. Fritz, Michael // Crain's Chicago Business;5/27/96, Vol. 19 Issue 22, p48
Reports on CNA Financial Corp.'s activities in combining its underwriting and service operations with Continental Corp. Policyholder conversions; Comments from CNA chairman Edward Noha; Amount in annual cost savings expected by CNA after the consolidation is completed; CNA's financial...
- CNA, Continental results off. // Business Insurance;2/20/95, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p2
Reports on the financial performance of Continental Corp. and CNA Financial Corp. in 1994. Continental's net losses; Decline in CNA's net income.
- CNA buys Continental for $1.1B. Dauer, Christopher // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;12/12/94, Vol. 98 Issue 50, p1
Reports on the sale of Continental Corp. to CNA Financial Corp. from Insurance Partners LP. Purchase price; Comment on the merger by industry analysts; Layoffs and cost savings as a result of consolidation.
- Market reacts positively to CNA-Continental merger. Gilbert, Evelyn // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;2/13/95, Vol. 99 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the impact of the CNA Financial Corp. and Continental Corp. merger on the United States insurance industry. Soft pricing in commercial insurance; Company backgrounds.