Scope light care protects patients' retinas
- Conjunctival autograft complications can be avoided. Guttman, Cheryl // Ophthalmology Times;10/01/97, Vol. 22 Issue 19, p45
Offers tips on avoiding and handling complications of conjunctival autograft. Common complications; Importance of avoiding excessive surgical manipulation and ensuring adequate Tenon's excision; Necessity of needle aspiration of the fluid beneath the graft; Important considerations in...
- Technique, selection cut IOL problems. Hertz, Beth Thomas; Mamalis, Nick // Ophthalmology Times;07/01/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 13, p22
Reveals the results of a survey on how to avoid complications with foldable intraocular lenses (IOL). Common reasons cited for IOL explantation; Types of foldable IOL; Complications arising from foldable IOL.
- Epithelial ingrowth protocol guides intervention, therapy. Groves, Nancy // Ophthalmology Times;12/1/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 23, p1
Reports that ophthalmologist Arun C. Gulani has devised a grading system to help surgeons prevent the occurrence of epithelial ingrowth as a complication of laser-assisted keratectomy. Assignment of values on the density of the epithelial growth; Explanation of how the grading system works. ...
- New strategies needed for long-term filtering bleb survival. Guttman, Cheryl // Ophthalmology Times;12/1/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 23, p12
Reports that multimodal therapy, close surveillance with prompt intervention for early signs of failure, and long-term suppression of fibroblastic activity may help improve long-term success rates of glaucoma filtering surgery. Necessity of extending wound modulation in glaucoma surgery beyond...
- On Thin Eyes. // Review of Optometry;1/15/2012, Vol. 149 Issue 1, p74
The article provides an answer to a question on the cause and ways to avoid corneal edema and hypopyon after an eye surgery.
- Sliding scleral graft treats phaco burns. Yavitz, Edward // Ophthalmology Times;2/1/98, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p1
Suggests a technique to control phaco burns caused by a phacoemulsification procedure. Steps in creating a sliding graft of tissue.
- How to prevent as well as manage epithelial ingrowth. Charters, Lynda; Talamo, Jonathan // Ophthalmology Times;
Discusses several preventive approaches to epithelial ingrowth, a complication of laser-assisted in-situ keratomileosis. Ocular risk factors for the development of epithelial ingrowth; Preventive measures during surgery; Cases when epithelial ingrowth does not require intervention.
- Intacs for Keratoconus: Update 2008. Rinehart, John M. // Review of Optometry;4/15/2008 Review of, p6
The article reports on the additive and reversible corrective surgical technique offered by intracorneal ring segment implantation which reduce myopia and asymmetric astigmatism in keratoconus patients. Intacs indications for keratoconus patients includes, intolerance to contact lens wear and...
- How to handle posterior capsule tears during phaco. Guttman, Cheryl; Gimbel, Howard // Ophthalmology Times;01/01/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p26
Provides information on a study conducted by ophthalmology professor Howard Gimbel concerning the techniques used to properly manage posterior capsule tears in eye surgery. Details on the damages in the posterior tear capsule during phacoemulsification; Techniques and instruments used for...