The Decision to Pay Points when Borrowing
- Anti-Predatory Lending Law Shows Positive Results. // Journal of Housing & Community Development;Nov/Dec2002, Vol. 59 Issue 6, p11
Focuses on the development of an anti-predatory lending regulation in North Carolina. Prevention of predatory terms on loans; Impact of predatory lending on homebuyers; Advantage of the anti-predatory law.
- Michigan Program Has 4.875% 30-Yr Rate. // National Mortgage News;5/26/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 35, p18
Reports on the low interest rate offering of the Michigan State Housing Development Authority to first-time homebuyers. Effectivity of the rate; Qualification for loan application.
- Increased homebuying encourages lenders as refinancing fades. Saft, James H. // American Banker;12/1/1993, Vol. 158 Issue 228, p8
Reports on increase of home buying activity as demand for refinancing decreased. Figures from National Association of Realtors in October 1993; Month-to-month rate; Jump in sales in West; Regional differences.
- MORTGAGE FOR ONE. McKinnon, Neil // Xtra (Toronto);3/10/2011, Issue 688, p14
The article reports on the changes to Canada's mortgage rules announced by Finance Minister Jim Flaherty aimed at tempering the urge of some Canadians to splurge on a house.
- FORM: Private Loan Terms Worksheet. Schroeder, Alayna; Bray, Ilona; Stewart, Marcia // Nolo's Essential Guide to Buying Your First Home;2010, pW5
A worksheet regarding the terms of private home loans is presented which appears in the book "Nolo's Essential Guide to Buying Your First Home."
- Steady as she goes as lending recovers. Finlay, David // Mortgage Strategy;12/7/2009, p13
The article presents an analysis on the cautious borrowing of lenders as the house purchase activity continues to rise in Great Britain.
- Purchase lending hits record. Henshall, Angela // Money Marketing;9/25/2003, p10
Reports on the level of house purchase lending in Great Britain. Percentage and amount of total lending; Decrease in remortgaging; Projection of house prices and interest rates.
- Developer & mortgage company provide 100% financing to homes. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;06/22/98-06/29/98, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p35
Presents information on the SONYMA Construction Incentive Program, a financing option for home buyers in Warwick, New York. Interest rate; Comments from Sales Manager Dorothy Paoli of On-Site Sales & Marketing; Prices of the homes.
- House purchase loans up 24% in March. // Cabinet Maker;5/20/2011, Issue 5738, p14
The article reports on the increase of house purchase loans in Great Britain in March 2011 by 24 percent to 37,800 compared to February 2011.