Going to a Planner Like Going to the Dentist
- FINANCIAL ADVISERS & PLANNERS. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);2009 Book of Lists, p71
A list of the top financial advisers and planners in Las Vegas, Nevada for 2009 ranked based on the number of advisers and/or planners is presented, including Morgan Stanley, The Wealth Management Group and Nevada State Bank.
- Top 18 financial advisers in New York. // Bond Buyer;12/02/97 Supplement New York, Vol. 322, p44A
Introduces the top 18 financial advisers in New York rated by principal amount of long-term bonds issued from January 1 to October 31, 1997, according to Securities Data Company.
- Publications and videos. // Aging;1993, Issue 365, p71
Discusses the brochure `A Woman's Guide to Pension Rights,' which is available from AARP Fulfillment.
- CFP offers financial planning resources. // Bank Marketing;Feb94, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p78
Reports on the products released by the College for Financial Planning for financial planners who are computerizing their practice. Course called `Computerizing Your Financial Planning Practice'; Publication of a book called `Computer Software Resource Guide.'
- Largest money managers. Szappanos, Anna // Crain's Cleveland Business;8/23/93, Vol. 14 Issue 34, p26
Ranks the largest money managers in Cleveland, Ohio, by assets managed locally. Total tax-exempt assets; Minimum account; Chief investment officer; Number of portfolio analysts on staff.
- Getting personal with fiscal health. Cross, Margaretann // Crain's Chicago Business;2/3/97, Vol. 20 Issue 5, pF6
Focuses on the use of a financial adviser for advice on tax issues and to answer other business questions. Tips on how to choose the best financial adviser; Comments from Agnes A. Roach of A.A. Roach Financial Planning; Description of the various types of financial planners available. INSETS:...
- Personal financial planning. Blackman, Andrew B.; Miller, Milton // CPA Journal;May94, Vol. 64 Issue 5, p70
Comments on the advice given by a radio host on how to locate a competent financial planner. Criticism on the assertion that the Registered Investment Advisor requires a greater educational background; American Institute of Certified Public Accountants' (AICPA) Code of Professional Conduct;...
- Disclaimers and financial planners. Princisvalle, Anthony W. // CPA Journal;Dec95, Vol. 65 Issue 12, p64
Presents information on service for postmortem estate can be provided by the financial planner. Information on a disclaimer's advantage to estate; Background information on disclaimer; How to obtain a valid disclaimer.
- Divorce and financial planning: a perfect marriage. Sarenski, Theodore J. // CPA Journal;Jan1996, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p72
Presents information on services offered by CPAs and the need for professional financial planning. Who services are offered to; Why financial services are essential; Description of martial property; Transfer of assets; Issue of principal residence; Division of employer-sponsored pension plans.