It Isn't All in the Stars
- Rating the rating services. Halverson, Guy // Christian Science Monitor;8/14/97, Vol. 89 Issue 182, p9
Presents information about several services which rate mutual funds. Comments on the importance of information when investing in mutual funds from Reg Green, an analyst at Green Financial Communications; Reports from Morningstar and Value Line analyzing the performance of thousands of funds;...
- Morningstar's bright future turns cloudy. Stein, Nicholas // Fortune;1/10/2005, Vol. 151 Issue 1, p94
The article discusses the struggles of Morningstar, the fund-rating powerhouse, to overcome a balky business model and a pair of regulatory investigations. In the fall of 2003, as the mutual fund world reeled from a series of widening scandals, Morningstar decided to assert its moral authority....
- To rate or just to rank? Morningstar, Value Line defend... Mutch, David // Christian Science Monitor;10/10/96, Vol. 88 Issue 222, pB4
Questions whether the rating services Morningstar and the Value Line Mutual Fund Survey are overated. Views of investment professionals on the services; Comments from Morningstar spokesman Michael Van Dam.
- Morningstar bemoans fees anomaly. Taylor, Mike // Money Management;1/31/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p6
The article reports on analysis of the fees paid by retail investors to Australian income funds conducted by ratings house Morningstar Inc. It shows that investors are paying too much fees with respect to Australian income funds. It adds that the analysis flowed from a sector wrap-up and said,...
- Morningstar YÄ±ldÄ±z Derecelendirme Sistemi ile TÃ¼rk Emeklilik YatÄ±rÄ±m FonlarÄ±nÄ±n PerformanslarÄ±nÄ±n DeÄŸerlendirilmesi. Apak, Sudi; Taşciyan, Kamer Hagop; Kadir Has Üniversitesi, SBE. // Journal of Accounting & Finance;Oct2009, Issue 44, p80
The Morningstar star rating system, has been used commonly in both academic and practitioner circles as having the most effective rating system tool in the mutual fund industry. A system created by Morningstar company which ranks mutual funds based on their risk adjusted performance over various...
- Behind the Star System. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Financial Planning;Dec2006, Vol. 36 Issue 12, p43
The article presents information on the star rating system developed by Morningstar for evaluating mutual funds. The rating system offers a monthly risk- and cost-adjusted measure of a fund's past performance relative to its category peers. Egan-Jones, a credit rating agency based in...
- Morningstar is taking on the heavyweights. Arndorfer, James B. // Crain's Chicago Business;08/07/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 33, p4
Reports on Chicago, Illinois-based mutual fund rating firm Morningstar Inc.'s plans for global expansion on the budget of a small private firm. Search for growth in overseas markets and an array of new businesses; Financing campaign.
- GUIDE TO THE STARS. Zahos, Effie // Bulletin with Newsweek;02/06/2001, Vol. 119 Issue 6260, p60
Offers tips for investors on understanding rating systems for managed funds in Australia as of February 6, 2001. Variety of rating systems faced by investors; Differences in the ratings processes used by agencies.
- Master Of Your Domain. Fiorillo, Lorayne // Entrepreneur;Dec1998, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p70
Discusses the ranking systems of mutual fund rating services. Lipper Analytical Services Inc.'s system; Basis of Morningstar No-Load Funds's system; Factors that stimulate investors.