An Assessment of Burnout in Human Service Providers
- Modern pharaohs. // Making the Rounds in Health, Faith & Ethics;9/25/95, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p2
Reports on an article in the `New Ground' journal by pastor Gene Birmingham about efforts to turn over government-sponsored human service programs to private agencies. Analogy of the biblical pharaoh and the brick makers; Amount of government funding given to charities.
- A morningstar for human services. Meyerson, Adam // Policy Review;Sep/Oct96, Issue 79, p5
Reports on the plans of the National Results Council for human services in the United States. Measurement of the effectiveness of vocational rehabilitation; Search for jobs for people with disabilities.
- Three ways we can preserve social stability while escaping socialist bankruptcy. Byfield, Link // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;10/30/95, Vol. 22 Issue 46, p2
Editorial. Considers how social enterprise (schools, hospitals, welfare services) can be protected in a shrinking economy while divorcing them from direct control by the state. How social enterprise should be funded; Why government should reduce the statutory privileges it gives private...
- I was too stressed out! Simon, Christy // Campus Life;Jan1997, Vol. 55 Issue 6, p58
Focuses on the burn out experienced by the author. Reasons for the burn out; Efforts to overcome stress.
- Teacher-coach burnout and coping strategies. Kosa, Boonsong // Physical Educator;Fall90, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p153
Presents a study which determine the levels of burnout among teacher-coaches and common coping strategies used to alleviate burnout. Methods used in the study; Results and discussion of the study.
- Are you burned-out? // Training & Development;Sep95, Vol. 49 Issue 9, p18
Discusses answers to questions concerning the incidence of burn-out in the United States. Definition of burnout; Techniques used in managing stress; Stress levels of respondents.
- A comparison of burnout in selected occupational fields. Matthews, Doris B. // Career Development Quarterly;Mar1990, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p230
Compares burnout in various occupations. Maslach Burnout Inventory; State-Trait Burnout Inventory; Matthews Burnout Scale for Employees.
- Teacher burnout. Tice, T.N. // Education Digest;Feb1992, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p44
Comments on an extensive study by Israeli Issac A. Friedman entitled `High- and Low-Burnout Schools: School Culture Aspects of Teacher Burnout.' Citation of main school culture variables; Other factors contributing to teacher burnout.
- Overcoming burnout. Birchard, Paul // American Salesman;Sep95, Vol. 40 Issue 9, p3
Gives advice on how to overcome burnout. Symptoms of burnout; Effect on job performance; Need to set goals; Changing of work pattern.