It takes a hero
- Looking for a few good conservationists. Rockland, David B. // Outdoor Life;Nov93, Vol. 192 Issue 5, p22
Announces the opening of nominations for the Chevron/Times Mirror Magazine Conservation Award for 1994. Conservation accomplishments of individuals, public agencies and environmental organizations; Qualifications for nomination.
- It takes a hero. // Salt Water Sportsman;Jun95, Vol. 56 Issue 6, p16
Features the recipients of honors at the 1995 Chevron/Times Mirror Magazine Conservation Awards. Includes John Sutherland; Robert Glenn Ketchum; Valley Proud Environmental Council; Purpose of the awards. INSET: PLAD: Your chance to be a hero..
- It takes a hero. // Field & Stream;Jun95, Vol. 100 Issue 2, p26
Profiles recipients of honors at the 1995 Chevron/Times Magazines Conservation Awards. Includes John Sutherland; Robert Glenn Ketchum; Valley Proud Environmental Council. INSET: PLAD: Your chance to be a hero..
- It takes a hero. // Yachting;Jun95, Vol. 177 Issue 6, p12
Presents the winners of the 1995 Chevron/Times Mirror Magazine Conservation Award. Carson City, Nev.-based retiree John Sutherland; Conservationist Robert Glenn Ketchum; Valley Proud Environmental Council; Other winners. INSET: PLAD: Your chance to be a hero..
- It takes a hero. // Outdoor Life;Jun95, Vol. 195 Issue 6, p8
Reports on the awardees of the Times Mirror Magazine Conservation Awards program. Includes John Sutherland; Robert Glenn Ketchum; Valley Proud Environmental Council; Matthew Connely of Ducks Unlimited. INSET: PLAD: Your chance to be a hero..
- O.F.A.H. conservation awards abound. // Ontario Out of Doors;Apr2003, Vol. 35 Issue 3, ANGLER & HUNTER HO... p3
Focuses on the conservation awards given away during the 75th Annual Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters General Meeting and Wildlife Conference in Hamilton, Ontario on February 22, 2003. Category for which the Ministry of Natural Resources Junior Conservation Award was given to Waverly...
- MATHER AWARD NOMINATIONS OPEN THROUGH FEBRUARY. // National Parks;Jan/Feb84, Vol. 58 Issue 1/2, p46
Announces the deadline for nominations for U.S.-based National Park Conservation Association's first Stephen Mather Award on February 1984. Aim to recognize outstanding personal commitment to protecting and promoting the environment; Contact information.
- 'Connies' honor top conservation action achievers. // National Wildlife (World Edition);Apr/May99, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p61
Lists recipients of awards from the National Wildlife Federation for achievements in nature conservation in the United States. Award categories.
- Whitley win for medicine man. // Geographical (Campion Interactive Publishing);Apr2000, Vol. 72 Issue 4, p80
Reports that Gargi Banerji of northern India won the 2000 Whitley Award for Nature Conservation. Contribution to the conservation of medicinal plants in the Himalaya Mountain; List of other awardees.