The GOP-controlled house
- The House of Representatives--state by state. // World Almanac for Kids;1996, p221
Lists the number of representatives per state that are in the United States House of Representatives.
- Procurement rates are emphasized in '89... // Aviation Week & Space Technology;6/13/88, Vol. 128 Issue 24, p25
The House Appropriations Committee has recommended appropriations for Fiscal 1989 military spending that closely match funding already authorized by the full house. The appropriations bill does not repeat restrictive language on arms control issues already adopted by the House, but instead...
- House blocks attempt to slash station funds. Mecham, M. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;7/24/89, Vol. 131 Issue 4, p32
Reports that the House voted to recommend a 13 percent increase to NASA's total Fiscal 1990 funding, blocking an attempt to slash space station funding in order to benefit other programs. Other committee changes to NASA budget request. B
- House Appropriation action signals trouble for ATF, advanced cruise missiles. Gilmartin, P.A. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;8/7/89, Vol. 131 Issue 6, p27
Discusses recent House Appropriations Committee action on next year's defense budget, which includes the elimination of funding for the advanced tactical fighter (ATF), and unspecified cuts in the advanced cruise missile program. Other budget actions; Differences between House and Senate...
- Omnibus Drug Legislation. // Congressional Digest;Nov86, Vol. 65 Issue 11, p259
H.R.5484, the Omnibus Drug Enforcement, Education and Control Act of 1986, has spurred controversy. Should the Armed Forces be used to intercept shipments; Should the death penalty be used to deter sales? Listed: federal agencies involved, drug legislation 1965-86, recent Congressional...
- Balanced Budget Constitutional Amendment. // Congressional Digest;Nov89, Vol. 68 Issue 11, p257
Presents a general discussion of the political issue of how to achieve a balance of revenues and expenditures within the Federal budget and the proposal of a balanced budget constitutional amendment.
- Statement to the Congress. // Federal Reserve Bulletin;Oct92, Vol. 78 Issue 10, p746
Presents a statement made by Richard Spillenkothen, Director, Division of Banking Supervision and Regulation before the Subcommittee on General Oversight and Investigations of the House Committee on Banking, Finance and Urban Affairs in which he discussed the impact of recent legislative and...
- Can you top this? Miller, William H. // Industry Week/IW;6/19/95, Vol. 244 Issue 12, p71
Reports that House Republicans have pushed for the consolidation of bid-protest agencies into a new Board of Contract Appeals.
- Gray takes historic step as first black majority whip. Booker, S. // Jet;7/3/89, Vol. 76 Issue 13, p6
Reports on Rep. William Gray's (D., Pa.) position as the first black majority whip in the US House of Representatives.
- The politics of talk: Unconstrained floor time in the U.S. House of Representatives. Maltzman, Forrest; Sigelman, Lee // Journal of Politics;Aug96, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p819
Examines how some members of the House of Representatives use one- and five-minute morning speeches and special orders at the end of a session to further their electoral prospects or to shape the policy debate. Analysis of data on House members' behavior during the 103rd Congress; How minority...