Not cute and furry, still in danger
- Scent of the Vanishing Flora. Alaimo, Marilyn K. // Current Books on Gardening & Botany;Jul2011, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p10
The article reviews the book "Scent of the Vanishing Flora," by Roman Kaiser.
- Adult books: Nonfiction: Social sciences. Seaman, Donna // Booklist;5/15/95, Vol. 91 Issue 18, p1619
Reviews the book `Vanishing Flora: Endangered Plants around the World,' by Dugald Stermer.
- Book reviews: Science & technology. Bartolini, Laurie // Library Journal;5/1/1995, Vol. 120 Issue 8, p128
Reviews the book `Vanishing Flora: Endangered Plants Around the World,' by Dugald Stermer.
- At a glance. // Geographical (Campion Interactive Publishing);Oct95, Vol. 67 Issue 10, p41
Reviews the books `Vanishing Flora: Endangered Plants Around the World,' by Dugald Stermer, `Cuba in Focus,' by Emily Hatchwell and Simon Calder and `Running With the Moon: A Boy's Own Adventure,' by Jonny Bealby.
- Save our countryside. Willis, Monica Michael // Country Living;Sep95, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p30
Features contests, books and information updates which are associated with nature and outdoor life. Books recently released entitled `Vanishing Flora,' by Dugald Stermer and `Sierra Club Family Outdoors Guide,' by Marlyn Doan; Opening of the Kingdoms of the Seas aquarium at the Henry Doorly Zoo...
- Santa Cruz tarplant (Holocarpha macradenia). // Endangered Species Update;Nov/Dec2002, Vol. 19 Issue 6, Endangered Species... p42
Proposes the designation opf a critical habitat for the threatened Santa Cruz tarplant in several counties in California. Physical appearance; Cause of decline in the plant's population.
- Purple Amole (Chlorogalum purpureum). // Endangered Species Update;Nov/Dec2002, Vol. 19 Issue 6, Endangered Species... p43
Proposes the designation opf a critical habitat for the purple amole or Chlorogalun purpureum in California. Physical appearance; Cause of decline in the plant's population.
- KEWANEE TREE GIVEN A REPRIEVE. // American Forests;Winter2010, Vol. 115 Issue 4, p16
The article discusses the move of the citizens to save the hedge tree or the Potter Farm Osage-orange, one of the town's historic trees that is in danger in Kewanee, Illinois.
- Threat to Europe's flora. // Plantsman: New Series;Dec2009, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p210
The article focuses on a report from Botanic Gardens Conservation International (BGCI) which reveals that almost one in seven species of plant in Europe is under threat of extinction in the wild.