Medicare rated high
- Inpatient payments, wage index among AHA concerns with PPS rule. Brown, Steve // AHA News;5/20/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 18, p1
Reports on the concern of the American Hospitals Association (AHA) over several aspects of proposed changes in the U.S. Medicare Inpatient Prospective Payment System. Issue over the inpatient payment update; Effects of two post acute care transfer policy proposal options on payments to...
- Hanging on, reaching out. Gardner, Jonathan // Modern Healthcare;03/26/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 13, p8
Reports that the American Hospital Association (AHA) urges the United States Congress to boost hospital Medicare payments. How the payments for federal healthcare programs would help resolve workforce shortages; Information on the Medicare payments for inpatient and outpatient under the AHA...
- Out in the cold. Lovern, Ed // Modern Healthcare;3/25/2002, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p25
Focuses on the efforts of American Hospital Association in developing a Medicare prescription drug bill in the U.S. Reduction in medicare payments; Rate of reduction in medicare payments; Reasons behind the reduction in payments.
- AHA, feds face off over fraud rules. Weissenstein, Eric // Modern Healthcare;04/27/98, Vol. 28 Issue 17, p2
Reports that the United States government, not hospitals, is to blame for Medicare overpayments according to a report by the American Hospital Association. Opposition to the American Hospital Association-backed (AHA) bill that would make it harder for the government to use the federal False...
- Where coverage is due. Babwin, Don // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;07/20/98, Vol. 72 Issue 14, p16
Presents information on the Medicaid program, MassHealth, which was implemented by the American Hospital Association as part of its `Campaign for Coverage' in an effort to boost health insurance coverage in Massachusetts. Details on the program; Who the program caters for; Reference to the case...
- AHA launches Medicare lobbying campaign. // Materials Management in Health Care;Nov95, Vol. 4 Issue 11, p9
Reports that the American Hospital Association (AHA) has launched an advocacy campaign over the House Medicare program package. Plan to cut Medicare spending; Need to convince lawmakers that AHA-accredited hospitals cannot support the reform bill; Passage of the Medicare program package on...
- Debate conflict centers on use of AHA Medicare stats. Oplatka, Elizabeth // AHA News;10/21/96, Vol. 32 Issue 42, p3
Reports on President Bill Clinton's misinterpretation of American Hospitals Association's Medicare predictions in the United States. Claims that the Republican balanced-budget plan will devastate many hospitals' ability to care for elderly patients.
- AHA's message to Congress: Fix medicare health plan payment. // AHA News;3/10/97, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p2
Presents excerpts of a statement which the American Hospital Association submitted to the US House Ways and Means Committee outlining AHA's principles for revamping Medicare payments to health plans.
- Health care experts raise concerns about Medicare+Choice. Weinstock, Matthew // AHA News;09/28/98, Vol. 34 Issue 38, p1
Focuses on the Medicare+Choice program of the United States government. Concern of the American Hospital Association in connection with the program; Background on the program; Risks associated with the program.