Nature teaches us: It's hard to reweave the fabric of diversity
- Endangered Animals Get Help. // Scholastic News -- Edition 1;Apr2001, Vol. 57 Issue 7, following p4
Suggests solutions in order to prevent the extinction of several endangered animals.
- Nature Vanishes. // Scholastic News -- Edition 4;03/26/2001, Vol. 63 Issue 21, p3
Provides information on the number of threatened species in the United States.
- Endangered species. // World Almanac for Kids;1996, p23
Provides information about endangered, or threatened, animal species. The number of species that are endangered as of 1996; How climate changes, habitat destruction and over-hunting contribute to animal extinction.
- ON THE BRINK. Masibay, Kim Y. // Science World;1/10/2003, Vol. 59 Issue 7, p4
Discusses the causes of possible extinction of Iberian lynx, red-shanked Duoc Langur monkey and other plant and animal species.
- Rare-Species Backlog. Gravitz, Lauren // Discover;Jan2002, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p60
Lists several endangered species in the United States. Process of listing plants and animals extinction; Failure to lists critical habitat of Californian gnatcatcher; Relaxation in the demands of conservation groups.
- HOW WILL WE LIVE WITHOUT THEM? Klinkenborg, Verlyn // New York Times Upfront;1/12/2009, Vol. 141 Issue 9, p29
The article comments on the extinction of a quarter of the world's mammals citing a global survey of mammal populations by the International Union for the Conservation of Nature in Barcelona, Spain. The survey concluded that at least a quarter of mammal species are headed toward extinction in...
- SHOWDOWN AT SEA. Wild, Russell // Organic Gardening (08973792);Sep88, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p68
Emphasizes the need to save the whales from extinction. Listing of the great whales as 'endangered' species under the U.S. Endangered Species Act; Global problem regarding endangered whales; Factors contributing to the decline in whale population; Right of a nation to kill whales if its done...
- Australia's Threatened Species and Ecological Communities. Nickson, Amanda // Issues;Apr2000, Issue 50, p29
Outlines knowledge about the threatened species and ecological communities of Australia and the efforts of the World Wide Fund For Nature to save them. Need for humans to be concerned about species extinction; Factors that contributes to the threat of animal and plant extinction; Action taken...
- Good hunting? // New Scientist;7/14/90, Vol. 127 Issue 1725, p19
Argues against Japan and Norway's excessive killing of whales. Asserts the global value of not rendering a species extinct; Need for whalers to learn from scientists how to best pursue whaling.