Health care fact
- Beyond the organization: The influence of community and personal values on street-level... Weissert, Carol S. // Journal of Public Administration Research & Theory;Apr94, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p225
Focuses on intrastate differences in Medicaid spending in a state with centralized program and few local discretionary decisions. Description of the study method used; Michigan's Medicaid program; Understanding of participation; Organizational environment; Political setting and local preferences.
- The commentaries: A summary. Stefl, Mary E. // Frontiers of Health Services Management;Summer98, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p25
Introduces a series of articles which offer a remarkable range of perspectives on the development, status and future of the Medicaid program.
- Health care fact. // AHA News;2/27/95, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p2
Presents data regarding Medicaid long-term care expenses in 1993. Home/community-based care; Nursing home; Intermediate care facility/mentally retarded.
- Distribution of Medicaid spending by service, 1993. // AHA News;4/10/95, Vol. 31 Issue 15, p2
Presents a graph on the distribution of Medicaid spending by service in 1993.
- Medicaid burden increases. Aston, Geri // AHA News;4/24/95, Vol. 31 Issue 17, p2
Reports on the Medicaids discharges at New York City hospitals. Goeth in the number of patients eligible for Medicaid programs; State's plan to slash hospital Medicaid payments.
- HHS approves Medicaid waiver. Kostreski, Farah // AHA News;5/1/95, Vol. 31 Issue 18, p2
Reports on the approval by the federal Health and Human Services on April 24, 1995 of changes to Massachusetts' Medicaid program. Enrollment of recipients into managed care plans; Estimated annual savings; Concern regarding the plan's provision to use the state's uncompensated care pool to...
- Seeking answers to Medicaid's big questions. Davidson, Dick // AHA News;5/1/95, Vol. 31 Issue 18, p6
Presents a question-and-answer advisory regarding Medicaid. Proportion of Medicaid funds used for acute and long-term care needs of the elderly and disabled; Common beneficiaries of Medicaid coverage; Block grants.
- Medicaid cuts could devastate families. Forcina, Carolyn // AHA News;5/8/95, Vol. 31 Issue 19, p5
Reports on the possible impact of proposed federal Medicaid budget cuts on families. Long-term care benefits from Medicaid; Study by a Washington-based coalition; State-by-state impact of budget cap on Medicaid spending.
- Medicaid changes questioned. Kostreski, Farah // AHA News;6/12/95, Vol. 31 Issue 24, p2
Reports on the effect of the proposed changes in Medicaid outpatient reimbursement in Montana. Hospital official's view on the unfairness of the prospective payment system; Concern on the payment facilities set rates for emergency-department screenings; Recommendation of standards for timely...