Kansas Governor Wants to Tap $175M in Tobacco, But Others Sound Alarm
- Kansas Legislature Has a Week to Answer the $230 Million Question. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;4/8/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31610, p4
Kansas legislative leaders will reveal their plan during the second week of April 2003 for covering a 230 million dollar revenue shortfall, after rejecting proposals from Governor Kathleen Sebelius to advance tax collections and issue tobacco bonds. While legislators approved most of the...
- KDFA Issuing $204M in Debt for State Highway Fund. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/8/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32334, p44
The article reports that the state of Kansas will utilize the money from the coming sale of $204 million of revenue bonds to support the state's highway fund. This decision will enable the Kansas Department of Transportation to complete its Comprehensive Transportation Program, an effort to...
- KANSAS: Plan to Ease Transport Debt. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;2/24/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33068, p9
The article reports on the plans of the state of Kansas to develop a transportation funding strategy. A task force appointed by governor Kathleen Sebelius in 2008 has suggested the state's Department of Transportation should be allowed to manage its debt issues and the rules for issuing highway...
- KANSAS: Budget Back on Track. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;1/30/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32557, p9
The article reports that strong growth in tax revenues will allow Kansas to adopt a budget that meets statutory requirements for the first time in six years. Governor Kathleen Sebelius has proposed a fiscal 2008 budget of more than $6 billion. The state's available general fund balance was...
- Kansas GOP Wants Less Debt For Governor's Transportation Plan. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;3/19/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31845, p4
Reports that Kansas Republicans are devising a plan that reduces bond issuance proposed by Democratic Governor Kathleen Sebelius. Plan to salvage the state's 13.5 billion, ten-year transportation program.
- Salomon to run books on Kansas DOT debt. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;06/29/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30672, p24
Reports that the Kansas Department of Transportation has tapped Salomon Smith Barney Inc. to run the books on a new-money sale of highway revenue bonds.
- Solid structure makes Kansas DOT issue an appealing ride. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;08/24/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30711, p29
Focuses on the Kansas Department of Transportation's $400 million revenue bond offering. Structure of the deal; Pricing of the bonds; Bond ratings; Target investors.
- Kansas Still Faces Budget Battle as Gov. Sebelius Goes to Washington. WATTS, JIM // Bond Buyer;3/3/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33073, p6
The article reports on the continued struggle of Kansas to balance the state budget for fiscal 2009 despite the departure of Governor Kathleen Sebelius to become U.S. President Barack Obama's health secretary. If Sebelius will be confirmed, her position as state governor will be replaced by...
- Sebelius Ups Cuts to 3%. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;11/11/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33001, p9
The article offers information on the request made by Governor Kathleen Sebelius to state agencies in Kansas. She asked these institutions to cut their fiscal 2009 budget by 2% because it is forecasted that the state will have a deficit of $137 million in June 2009. She stressed that the...