Arizona Lawmakers Look for Debt By Any Other Name
- San Diego Schools Get Creative to Buy Now and Pay Later. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;12/01/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31028, p47
Reports the sale of general obligation bonds by the San Diego Unified School District to finance school facilities in San Diego, California. Reliance on zero-coupon bonds borrowing; Total amount of bonded debt from capital appreciation and coupon bond structure; Dependence of the bond maturity...
- Interest Savings. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/17/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31286, p37
Reports on the impact of structure of District of Columbia's sale of insured general obligation bonds on city government debt service over the life of bonds. Type of bonds sold by the district; Cost saving features of bonds.
- S&P Downgrades Housing Bonds to Junk. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;4/5/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31359, p31
Reports on the junk status of four outstanding bonds secured by Section 8-assisted multifamily property mortgages in the U.S. Par value of the bonds; Deterioration of the debt service coverage; Ways to improve the financial condition of multifamily.
- SOUTHEAST BOND-WATCH. Sigo, Shelly; Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/17/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31493, p30
Reports developments on industrial bonds in the U.S. as of October 2002. Ways of paying debt service on the nonrated bonds; Deterioration of the financial condition in bond documents; Construction of a convention center hotel.
- Philadelphia Controller's Report Calls For City to Reconsider Debt Levels. Higginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;01/23/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31062, p40
Reports the call for the reconsideration of debt service level for the bonding programs in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Account of the report issued by the city controller Jonathan Saidel concerning the debt level; Assessment of the debt service level; Introduction of a bonding program.
- Alabama House committee considers using tobacco money to pay off debt. Menke, Arthur // Bond Buyer;03/26/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30607, p36
Reports that Alabama lawmakers are considering a bill that would funnel dollars from the state's share of the nationwide tobacco settlement into a designated fund that could be used to pay debt service on bonds. Bill sponsored by state Representative John Hilliard; Provisions under House Bill...
- Minneapolis official fears bill imperils debt service on Timberwolves' stadium. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;04/20/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30623, p35
Focuses on Minnesota House of Representatives' approval of a bill that would jeopardize Minneapolis, Minnesota's ability to meet debt service payments on revenue bonds. Construction of a stadium for the Minnesota Timberwolves basketball team; Proposed cuts in annual subsidies of the city;...
- DCURD's refunding plan. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;08/10/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30701, p1
Reports on the Dallas County Utility and Reclamation District (DCURD) pricing of $211 million of unlimited tax refunding bonds. Struggle of DCURD with a constantly rising debt service burden; Alignment of debt service expenses.
- Dauphin County, Pa., Agency Misses Forum Place Payment. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;7/17/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31429, p36
Reports the default of Series B revenue bonds of Dauphin County in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. Nature of the deal to purchase the Forum Place; Failure in making debt service payment; Concern over default ramifications.