Salomon, UBS Keep Top Spots Coming Out of First Quarter
- THE AMERICAS. // Global Finance;Nov2000, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p26
Presents news briefs on the corporate bond market in the United States as of November 2000. Increase in the issuance activity for September 2000; Information on the Global Broad Market Index of Merrill Lynch; Broad investment grade index introduced by Salomon Smith Barney.
- New Issues Dominate, Treasuries Gain; Merrill Reprices $2B LAUSD Offering. Chesla, Nicholas; Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;2/20/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31576, p2
Presents an update on the performance of bonds in the U.S. bond market as of February 20, 2003. Performance of government securities; Repricing of yields by Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc.; Bonds issued by Bear, Stearns & Co.
- WASHINGTON: Top Five Rankings. // Bond Buyer;8/16/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31948, p43
Lists the top five senior managers, issuers, financial advisers and bond counsels in Washington as of August 12, 2004. Merrill Lynch; Public Financial Management; Orrick Herrington.
- ILLINOIS: Top Five Rankings. // Bond Buyer;8/16/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31948, p38
Lists the top five senior managers, issuers, financial advisers and bond counsels in Illinois as of August 12, 2004. Bear Stearns; Kirkpatrick Pettis; Orrick Herrington & Sutcliffe.
- NEW YORK: Offering From Onondaga. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;11/13/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32507, p35
The article reports on the plan of Onondaga County, New York to sell $35 million of new-money debt that will help finance numerous infrastructure projects. The bond counsel for the fixed-rate competitive deal will be Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP. The proceeds of the bond will fund road and...
- Top Bond Counsel: Negotiated Issues. // Bond Buyer;1/11/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33646, p16
A table is presented which provides data on the top bond firms in the U.S. in 2011 in terms of negotiated issues including Orrick Herrington and Sutcliffe LLP, Hawkins Delafield and Wood LLP, and Kutak Rock LLP.
- Big brokers eye smaller fry for hedge funds. Kelly, Bruce // Crain's New York Business;06/11/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 24, p11
Reports on the plans of Merrill Lynch and Salomon Smith Barney for investors to participate in financial hedge funds in New York. Increase in the development of hedge funds; Amount of incentive for firms and brokers selling alternative investments; Operation of hedge funds through limited...
- WALL STREET'S HISTORIC REBUKE. Hahn, Avital Louria; Lugo, Denise // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/5/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 18, p4
Following expected but arguably large penalties announced by government regulators as of May 2003, some question the ultimate utility of the penalties because they will be of such limited value to small investors, who were the victims of the tainted research.Government regulators imposed the...
- Merrill, Solly Put $28B Into Insured Accounts. Blackwell, Rob // American Banker;4/19/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 75, p1
Reports on Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. and Salomon Smith Barney Inc.'s additional insured deposits in the United States during the first quarter of 2001. Total deposits in the companies since they started moving uninsured money market funds to deposits; Effects of the influx of deposits on the...