IRS Letter: Leasing to Partnership Won't Make Garage Debt Taxable
- Recent Developments & Observations. Schippel, Bahar A. // Journal of Passthrough Entities;Jul/Aug2012, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p49
The article focuses on the developments in taxation in the U.S. The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has explained the measurement of an insolvency of a partner for purposes of the Code Section 108(a)(1)(B) insolvency exception when a nonrecourse debt of the partnership is discharged. It notes...
- IRS Auditing Bonds Issued by Colorado Authorities in 2007. Jagoda, Naomi // Bondbuyer.com;11/13/2014, p22
The article reports on the audit being conducted by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service on bonds sold in Colorado in 2007. The purpose of the audit is to determine the compliance of debt issuance with the federal tax requirements for qualified 501 (c) (3) non-hospital bonds. It includes 39.92...
- Florida Community Development District Debt May Be Taxable. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;2/19/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33065, p6
The article reports that the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has advised Village Center Community Development District to finance the acquisition of golf courses, parks and facilities for the possible taxable of Villages retirement community in Lake County, Florida. The district emphasized that...
- AHA argues new tax-exempt bond regs will limit acquisition financing. Baisden, Harry // AHA News;7/15/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 27, p6
Reports on the agreement of the American Hospital Association (AHA) with the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) regarding its proposed regulations on tax exempt bonds issued by states and local governments. Effect of some of the regulation's restrictions on particular type of financing;...
- IRS Rules on Hospital Participating Bond Structure. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;3/31/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31853, p4
Reports on the U.S. Internal Revenue Service's rule concerning participating bond structures that involve physician groups and hospitals. Hospitals and physician groups' use of the structures as an alternative to equity partnerships; Hospitals' use of the proceeds of the bonds to finance the...
- Final regs on modification of debt instruments. // Practical Accountant;Aug96, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p22
Reports on the US Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) issuance of final regulations reflecting the decision in the case `Cottage Savings' on when a modification is treated as an exchange of the original debt instrument for a modified instrument.
- Debt instruments with contingent payments. // Practical Accountant;Aug96, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p22
Reports on the US Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) issuance of final regulations relating to the tax treatment of debt instruments that provide for one or more contingent payments.
- Debt Beats. // Reason;Jul2012, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p14
The article reports that the U.S. Internal Revenue Service considers forgiven credit card debts as income, and thus taxable.
- IRS ruling offers guidance on hospital cooperatives. Burda, David // Modern Healthcare;11/6/95, Vol. 25 Issue 45, p16
Reports on the United States Internal Revenue Service's revocation of the tax exemption of hospital services organizations because of conducting business with for-profit hospitals. `Technical advice memorandum'; List of activities performed by hospitals covered by tax exemptions; Provisions of...