AMF, Five More Firms Join TBMA to Oppose MSRB Crisis Plan
- SEC Seeking Comments on MSRB Shutdown Plan. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;1/22/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31557, p1
Reports on the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission plans for seeking public comments on the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's controversial proposal to allow the board to shut down the municipal bond market in event of crisis that disables critical market systems.
- Crisis Control Controversy. Kite, Shane // Securities Industry News;2/3/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p1
Discusses plans of Bond Market Association (BMA) to file a comment letter opposing the U.S. Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's (MSRB) proposal to the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Powers to open/close bond market trading in emergency situations that MSRB wants; Purpose behind...
- MSRB Files Modified Post-Trade Data Proposal With SEC. Glazier, Kyle // Bond Buyer;3/23/2015, p1
The Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board on Thursday requested approval from the Securities and Exchange Commission to expand the post-trade data displayed on EMMA.
- MSRB To Seek MA Pay-to-Play Approval. Glazier, Kyle // Bond Buyer;11/4/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34205, p1
The Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board will seek Securities and Exchange Commission approval of its proposal to extend its pay-to-play rule to include municipal advisors as well as changes to post-trade disclosure requirements.
- MSRB: Ban Consultants For Dealers. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;3/16/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32091, p1
Reports on the announcement of the U.S. Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board officials that they will ask the Securities and Exchange Commission to ban dealers from using independent municipal securities consultants to solicit municipal securities business on their behalf. Threat posed by...
- The Digest. // Bond Buyer;3/22/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32095, p1
Reports developments on the municipal bond market in the U.S. Lack of definitive move in Treasuries; Amendment filed by the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board with the Securities and Exchange Commission to its Rule G-8 on record keeping that governs bank dealers' and muni-only dealers' use of...
- SEC Proposes New Rule; MSRB Clarifies Repos. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;6/22/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31910, p5
Reports on the release of proposed rules for banks that could affect bank trustees in municipal bond market by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Issuance of an advisory notice telling dealers how to report repurchase agreements under its transaction-reporting program by the Municipal...
- MSRB Files G-38 Changes. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;8/10/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32193, p1
Reports that the U.S. Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) has filed an amendment with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) that would make several modifications to its pending Rule G-38 on consultants. Prohibition of dealers from hiring anyone other than employees or affiliated...
- Another NRMSIR Warns Against EMMA System. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;9/25/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32969, p1
The article reports on the warning given by a second nationally recognized municipal securities information repository on the anti-competitive effects of the proposal of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to amend its Rule 15c2-12 in Washington. SEC has proposed to designate the...