North Carolina County Wants $300 Million for Schools
- Chicago Board of Ed To Sell $250M. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/14/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32153, p1
Reports on the refund of general obligation debt of the Chicago Board of Education in Chicago, Illinois. Purpose of the move on raising funds for capital plan; Total administrative cuts being outlined from deficits; Impact of budget cuts on schools' administration.
- Chicago School Board Passes Budget, Authorizes Bonds. Shields, Yvette // Bondbuyer.com;8/26/2015, p1
The junk-rated Chicago Board of Education unanimously signed off on a $6.4 billion budget panned by rating agencies for rolling over debt and gambling on uncertain state support.
- OHIO: S&P Negative on School. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/29/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32517, p39
The article reports on the revised Standard & Poor's rating outlook for South-Western City School District in Ohio, from stable to negative. The action affects $135 million of the district's debt. The downgraded rating was due to the increasing financial pressure and a project structural...
- Weslaco ISD, Tex. Gets Lift to A3 by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;11/21/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32263, p2
Reports on the rating assigned by Moody's Investors Service Inc. to Weslaco Independent School District in Texas.
- Accused of Misusing Bond Funds, S.F. School District Searches for Safeguards. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;05/10/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31136, p3
Reports the alleged misuse of bonds and funds for the construction of the San Francisco Unified School District. Expenditure of the bond on salaries and benefits; Investigation on the accused misuse of bond funds; Controversies on unliquidated expenses; Oversight on financial use.
- Pennsylvania's Pocono Mountain Schools Readies $96M. Stark, Jonna // Bond Buyer;2/5/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32561, p31
The article focuses on the issuance of $96.2 million general obligation bonds and notes of the Pocono Mountain School District in Pennsylvania. The purpose of this is to pay off some debt and fund capital improvement and school construction projects. $73.2 million of the nearly $100 million deal...
- Borrowing May Return to D.C.'S School Modernization Plan. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/21/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32323, p4
The article reports on the opinion of analysts that the District of Columbia will have to issue bonds it if plans to proceed with the one-billion-dollar school modernization projects over a decade. This is after last week's revenue projections for city proved disappointing. The latest revenue...
- California's Piedmont Schools to Refund $18.6M. KeIemen, Jasmina // Bond Buyer;1/10/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32046, p4
The article reports that Piedmont Unified School District in Alameda County, California has planned to refund about US$18.6 million of outstanding general obligation debt in a competitive sale. The school district will refinance debt issued in 1995 and 19% and expects to achieve present value...
- Texas Schools Look Ahead Despite Delays in Funding Ruling. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/1/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32250, p35
Reports that most Texas school districts are preparing bond elections to finance capital needs. Complaint of school districts on the condition of school finance in the state; Assessment of Thompson Financial regarding the planned bond elections; Schedules of bond elections conducted by various...