Nevada Legislators Float Tax Plans to Balance Budget
- Gov. Kenny Guinn: a Ford, not a Lincoln. // Las Vegas Business Press;05/15/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 19, p4
Editorial. Comments on Nevada Governor Kenny Guinn's strategy in approaching fiscal issues. Consensus building; Hints of raising revenues; State spending advice.
- Some strategies just don't work. Myers, Dennis // Las Vegas Business Press;5/12/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 19, p4
Comments on the political decisions of Governor Kenny Guinn in Nevada. Need for tax increases; Promotion of government policy related to public spending; Public dialogue about state budget.
- Guinn's fiscal summit opens way for new taxes. Ward, Ken // Las Vegas Business Press;05/15/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 19, p1
Reports on Nevada Governor Kenny Guinn's consideration of tax options as a way to help balance the state budget. Issues at Guinn's two-day fiscal summit in May 2000; Sales tax; Food tax; Higher insurance tax.
- Taxing times on the horizon. Sodoma, Brian // Las Vegas Business Press;1/27/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p1
Reports on the taxation plan of governor Kenny Guinn in Nevada. Increase in the tax for employee business license; Simplification of the tax collection process; Response of the business community on the scheme.
- Serious debate must precede tough choices. // Las Vegas Business Press;1/27/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p4
Editorial. Comments on the taxation proposal of governor Kenny Guinn in Las Vegas, Nevada. Insufficiency of the tax structure to sustain the growth of the city; Decline in the taxable sales and gaming revenues; Visitors spending on cars, houses and other non-essential items.
- Sizing up Guinn's chances. Myers, Dennis // Las Vegas Business Press;2/10/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p4
Comments on the tax program proposed by Governor Kenny Guinn in Nevada. Cost of administering the tax collection program; Complexity of the registration process of the program; Concerns of businessmen on the tax program.
- Listening for the substance amid the din of a mob. // Las Vegas Business Press;2/3/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p4
Editorial. Comments on the controversies regarding the proposed tax package of Kenny Guinn in Carson City, Nevada. Increase in budget deficit; Need to address the inadequate state revenue system; Incidence of business closings due to the rising costs of doing business.
- Panel gives Guinn a tax policy break. Burbank, Jeff // Las Vegas Business Press;03/20/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p4
Comments on efforts to raise state taxes in Nevada to fund growth-related projects under the leadership of Governor Kenny Guinn. Guinn's selection of a panel to study tax initiatives; Senator Joe Neal's campaign to raise gaming taxes; Opposition to higher gaming taxes by University of Nevada's...
- The education governor. // Business Press: Serving Southern Nevada;1/31/2005, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p12
Comments on the education funding proposed by Nevada Governor Kenny Guinn. Budget allotted for troubled schools; Opinion of the governor on the impact of the additional budget on teachers' performance; Views of the Republican and Democrat officials on the role of money in improving the quality...