King County, Wash., Offers $200M; Cash Bonds Fall Up to 4 Basis Points
- The Impact of a Tobacco Company Bankruptcy on MSA Bonds. Dubrow, David L. // Bond Buyer;7/28/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31686, p33
Examines the impact of tobacco company Philip Morris Inc. bankruptcy on Master Settlement Agreement (MSA) bonds. Characterization of MSA bonds; Impact of bankruptcy filled by tobacco company on payments under MSA; Provisions under MSA.
- Tobacco Falls After Illinois Court Ruling. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/16/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31678, p1
Reports on the fall of tobacco bonds of New York-based Philip Morris USA Inc. by two points on July 15, 2003. Reasons attributed by the traders for the fall; Order of the Illinois's Fifth District Court of Appeals to send back the bond question to Madison County Circuit Court (MCCC); Decision...
- Tobacco Debt Still Steady Despite Suits. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/16/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31927, p1
Reports that the performance of the tobacco bond market remains steady despite of lawsuits filed against tobacco manufacturer Philip Morris USA Inc. in the United States. Decision of plaintiffs who won a case against Phillip Morris to asked the Illinois Supreme Court to uphold the ruling; U.S....
- Relief for tobacco no cause for upgrades. M.G. // Asset Securitization Report;4/14/2003, Vol. 3 Issue 15, p3
Reports that Illinois Circuit Court Judge Nicholas Byron, who had previously ruled against Philip Morris Cos. Inc., has indicated that he may lower the company's bonding requirements. Link between the tobacco securitization ratings and the credit of the industry as a whole; Possibility for...
- Latest Tobacco Ruling Already Priced Into Market for MSA Bonds. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/28/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32287, p32
The article focuses on the benefit of tobacco bonds on the victory of the tobacco industry by the Illinois Supreme Court. The ruling overturned a judgment against Philip Morris USA Inc. Yields for the sector have not changed markedly after the ruling. The ruling was seen as a positive event for...
- Philip Morris Payment Boosts MSA Bonds; Trouble Ahead for Reynolds. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/16/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31616, p1
Reports on the performance of tobacco bonds in the United States. Scheduled payment of Phillip Morris USA Inc. to states; Characteristics of tobacco bonds.
- RJR Raises Stakes Against Philip Morris. Beirne, Mike // Brandweek;3/3/2003, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p10
Reports that both the cigarette manufacturers R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Co. (RJR) and Philip Morris USA Inc. raise the stakes on the price promotion strategy they have pursued since the third quarter of 2002. RJR payment to retailers for Winston cigarettes; Bonus that Philip Morris pays retailers...
- Alleged price fixing. Bustos, Sergio R. // Latin Trade (English);Dec98, Vol. 6 Issue 12, p14
Focuses on `The Los Angeles Times' newspaper's report on the efforts of United States-based Philip Morris Cos. and British American Tobacco Co. to set prices and market shares of cigarettes in Latin America.
- FALL FOR PHILIP MORRIS. Sellers, Patricia; Erdman, Andrew // Fortune;5/3/1993, Vol. 127 Issue 9, p68
Discusses the possible impact that Philip Morris Cos. Inc.'s decision to cut the price of its Marlboro brand of cigarettes by 20 percent can have on its brand image. Assertion that Philip Morris made an ill-conceived and foolishly executed decision in an attempt to recover from years of...