Strathclyde Regional taps Gartmore for foreign equity
Tags: PENSIONS -- Management
- Changing roles for company pensions. Self, Roger // People Management;10/05/95, Vol. 1 Issue 20, p24
Debates whether pension funds an asset or liability for employers in Great Britain. What motivates companies to run pension schemes according to a survey of senior executives; Survey result which reflects the traditional view of pensions as complex and which may be increasingly subject to...
- Official speaks out on loophole. // Pensions & Investments;11/25/96, Vol. 24 Issue 24, p14
Focuses on the warning issued by Lord Mackay, the minister of state for social security in the United Kingdom, to corporate pension managers. Information on the government's contracting regulations; Views of industry experts; Clarification made by Lord Mackay.
- Stock shock leads to neutral strategies. Anand, Vineeta // Crain's Cleveland Business;03/17/97, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p24
Describes the strategies adopted by pension executives to respond to the bull market in domestic stocks in the United States. Use of long-short or market-neutral strategies to generate steady returns from stocks; Details on how the strategy works; Fee charged by long-short managers for handling...
- 10 top problems to avoid in company pension plans. Parrs, Gene // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;10/3/94, Vol. 10 Issue 20, p21
Presents a list of 10 common problems in qualified-retirement plans. Coverage of eligible employees by the pension plan; Vesting calculation problems; Top-heavy plans; Annual limitations; Approval of the plan; Joint-and-survivor annuity waivers.
- PMI widens options for admin qualifications. Selby, Tom // Money Marketing;3/24/2011, p34
The article reports that the Pensions Management Institute (PMI) has adjusted its pension administration qualifications after significant differences were found in the way pensions function across different companies in Great Britain.
- Money to the Rescue. // Money (14446219);Aug2002, p106
No abstract available.
- The truth about active management. D'Amore, Christopher E. // Employee Benefits Journal;Mar1998, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p14
Offers information for pension plan sponsors concerning active management and investment options. Information overload; Value of diversification; Success of active managers; Effect of having a high proportion of active managers on returns; Factors driving growth in index management; Challenge...
- Alternatives to DB closures. Pow, Helen // Money Marketing;4/8/2010, p16
The article reports on the issuance of an information note by the Department for Work and Pensions to encourage employers to consider risk-sharing options rather than closing down final-salary pension schemes in Great Britain.
- Pension Administrators Scout For Lost Members. Seol, Kap Su // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;10/23/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 43, pS-10
Reports on the difficulty of pension administrators in finding plan participants that are eligible for benefits. Reasons for the difficulties; Steps to be taken by plan sponsor in case the search failed.