HIV: The risk of on-the-job exposure is low
- Occupational exposure to the risk of HIV infection among health care workers in Mwanza Region,... Gumodoka, B.; I. Favot // Bulletin of the World Health Organization;1997, Vol. 75 Issue 2, p133
Presents information on the occupational risk of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) among health care workers in hospitals. Annual occupational risk of HIV transmission; Control strategies for the reduction of HIV.
- High-risk behaviors and HIV in adolescents. // American Family Physician;11/15/93, Vol. 48 Issue 7, p1306
Reports that Moscicki and colleagues studied high-risk behaviors associated with human immunodeficiency virus infection among adolescents attending three clinics in the San Francisco area according to an article published in the `Journal of Pediatrics' May 1993 issue. Includes high rates of...
- TAIWAN. // Advocate;1/14/92, Issue 594, p29
Reports the protest staged by women against sexually promiscuous men who expose their wives to the risk of HIV infection in Taiwan. Distribution of condoms to male passersby; AIDS statistics.
- Girls, AIDS, and risk. // Seventeen;Mar94, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p94
Reports on medical studies on the susceptibility of teenage girls to HIV infection in comparison to older women. Immaturity of the cells of the cervix of girls; Recommendation of the practice of safe sex.
- Are some people immune? Toufexis, Anastasia; Gibson, Helen // Time International (South Pacific Edition);02/12/96, Issue 7, p57
Discusses the possibility of everybody who gets infected with the Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome virus progressing to full-blown AIDS. Studies which ruled out that possibility; Predictions by scientists that eight to ten percent of those infected with HIV are what are called long-term...
- Risk factors for HIV infection in people attending clinics for sexually transmitted diseases in... Rodrigues, Jeanette J.; Mehendale, Sanjay M. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);7/29/95, Vol. 311 Issue 7000, p283
Investigates the risk factors for HIV infection in patients attending clinics for sexually transmitted diseases in India. History of contact with sex worker among males; Percentage of condom users; Lack of formal education, receptivity to anal sex, lack of knowledge if AIDS as contributing...
- Non-injected illicit drugs and alcohol and HIVrelated high-risk sexual behaviors in a streetrecruited sample of non-injecting drug users in New York City. Mishra, Ashutosh; Pilowsky, Daniel; Jacobson, Judith // Retrovirology;2010 Supplement 1, Vol. 7, p1
An abstract of the article "Non-Injected Illicit Drugs and Alcohol and HIV-Related High-Risk Sexual Behaviors in a Street-Rrecruited Sample of Non-Injecting Drug Users in New York City," by Ashutosh Mishra, Daniel Pilowsky and Judith Jacobson is presented.
- Risk Factors for Human T Cell Lymphotropic Virus Type II Infection among the Guaymi Indians of... Maloney, Elizabeth M.; Armien, Blas; Gracia, Fernando; Castillo, Luis; Kruger, Hilary; Levin, Arthur; Levine, Paul H.; Kaplan, Jonathan E.; Blattner, William A.; Giusti, Ruthann M. // Journal of Infectious Diseases;9/1/99, Vol. 180 Issue 3, p876
Examines the risk factors for human T cell lymphotropic virus type II (HTLV-II) infection among the Guyami Indians of Panama. Varying factors associated with HTLV-II seropositivity between male and female subjects; Acculturation association of seropositiviy.
- Cocaine and HIV. Farrell, Michael // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);8/10/91, Vol. 303 Issue 6798, p330
Reports the relationship between cocaine and HIV in the United States and South America. Association of HIV and AIDS complication with cocaine use; Risk of exposure to HIV from cocaine injection; Correlation of non-injected cocaine with HIV exposure.