How fit are you?
Tags: PHYSICAL fitness testing
- A comparison of peer and teacher assessment of students' physical fitness performance. Hill, Grant M.; Miller, Tracey A. // Physical Educator;Late Winter 97, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p40
Compares peer and teacher assessments of students' physical fitness performance. Levels of students' physical fitness performance; Purposes of fitness assessments; Advantages of fitness assessments of teachers and peers; Objectives of a physical fitness education program; Materials reviewing...
- A new tool to measure aerobic fitness. Barnett, Larry // Safetyline;Jul/Aug94, Issue 69, p14
Focuses on the use of the Navy Physical Readiness Test and Canadian Aerobic Fitness Test in measuring aerobic fitness. Requirement for frequent strenuous exercise; Assessment of cardiovascular system.
- Climbers tied with runners. // Consumer Reports on Health;Jul94, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p79
Reports on a study suggesting that stair-climbing is as effective as running. Benefit; Key indicator of aerobic fitness; Result of the test on 25 women.
- The glow of beauty. Pearson, Marcia C. // Nutrition Health Review: The Consumer's Medical Journal;Autumn91, Issue 60, p16
Recommends six categories for determining one's physical fitness.
- SPECIAL TEST: HOW POWERFUL ARE YOUR LEGS? // Bicycling;Jul2000, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p98
Presents information on vertical jump and leg dip tests to measure cyclists' leg explosiveness and strength.
- Central Command Requires Fitness Testing. // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Dec2010, Vol. 62 Issue 6, p8
The article reports that physical fitness testing has become one of the wartime requirements of airmen deployed to the U.S. Central Command area of responsibility.
- Test your fitness. Doheny, Kathleen // Shape;Jun99, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p38
Features the Fitness Age CD-ROM for simple fitness tests. Projection of body's age based on strength, flexibility and cardiovascular ability.
- Effects of preparing for physical ability tests. Hogan, Joyce; Quigley, Ann // Public Personnel Management;Spring94, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p85
Presents three studies that examine the effects of training and nontraining preparation on physical ability test taking of employees in the United States. Increase in use of physical ability assessments; Obstacles to selection for physically demanding jobs; Composition of subjects chosen for...
- High scoring step test. // American Fitness;Mar/Apr94, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p11
Reports on the `Step Fit Test' developed by cardiologist James Rippe and The Step Company. Scientifically validated fitness assessment using step training; Measurement of heart rate response after performing foot patterns for three minutes; Application of the test.