The importance of vision
- Selected major goals for staff development in schools. Ediger, Marlow // Education;Winter95, Vol. 116 Issue 2, p192
Focuses on factors and goals to consider in staff development in schools. Requirements in staff development; Areas of staff development; Guidelines to follow.
- I'd Like To But I Don't Think I Can. Erickson, Lawrence G. // Educational Leadership;Dec81, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p194
Focuses on the technique of nominal group process that can improve staff development in schools by bringing into the open factors that inhibit change. Preparation that is required for the implementation of the technique; Steps involved in the nominal group process; Common constraints in staff...
- One minute management. Blanchard, Kenneth // Emergency Librarian;Sep/Oct93, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p37
Enumerates the rules to follow in order to make training effective for teachers, teacher-librarians and school administrators. Setting learning goals prior to training; Use of real-life applications in the training; Following up on learnings; Sharing an action plan for doing things differently...
- Mastering the tasks at hand. // NEA Today;Sep96, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p38
Focuses on training programs for school support employees. Site-based maintenance; Provision of service to school districts and students; First-aid courses.
- Hang-Ups of Introducing Computer Technology. Garcia, Robert // T H E Journal;Sep98, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p65
Deals with the hurdles encountered in starting training sessions in computer technology for 54 employees at Carpenter Elementary school in Deer Park, Texas. Most difficult hurdle to get over; Recap of the steps that were necessary to clear the hurdle; Area of concern pointed out to overcome the...
- A step ahead. // NEA Today;Oct96, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p14
Focuses on Joyce Jones, a member of the National Education Association, and a school secretary at Irving Pertzsch Elementary in Onalaska, Wisconsin. Information on an official training program for school support staff, which was developed by Jones; How school employees could earn a certificate;...
- Taking over. // NEA Today;Sep93, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p11
Presents an interview with Linda Friestad, vice president of the Mesa (Arizona) Education Support Personnel Association. Start of professional growth committee; Number of education support personnel (ESP) members; Help to make school employees do a better job; Involvement in school reform.
- Florida school district sets 1 week f/s training. // FoodService Director;02/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p14
Reports on the kitchen training provided by the County of Duval, Florida for new employees at Duval County Public Schools. Training of employees for a week in one of six training kitchens; Types of kitchens in the school district; Goals of training.
- Training team members to respond to the communicative behaviors of children with profound handicaps. Payne, Haden Wakefield; Ogletree, Billy T. // Focus on Autistic Behavior;Dec95, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p1
Evaluates a training sequence designed to increase an interdisciplinary school team's response sensitivity and consistency toward the perceived communication of children with profound mental handicaps. Response consistency; Lack of improvement of subjects' consistent recognition of child...