Proposed method for isolation of Escherichia coli 0157:H7 from environmental samples
Tags: ESCHERICHIA coli
- Escheria coli 0157:H7 infection. // American Family Physician;09/01/97, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p859
Provides an overview on Escherichia coli (E. coli) 0157:H7 infection. Definition and etiology of E. coli; Transmission of E. coli infection; Symptoms and complications of E. coli; Diagnosis of E. coli infection; Treatment and prevention of E. coli infection.
- Ban the 0157:H7 bomb. // Nutrition Action Health Letter;Jan/Feb95, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p3
Reports on Escherichia coli's potential to cause diseases. Hemorrhagic colitis or bleeding intestinal infection; Failure of kidneys and other organs; Contamination of meat during slaughter; Call for legislation on meat and poultry inspection.
- Eliminating the E. coli threat. Hernandez, Jorge // Food Management;Dec97, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p67
No abstract available.
- The E. coli timebomb. Tuley, Liz // Food Manufacture;Feb97, Vol. 72 Issue 2, p26
Provides information on verocytotoxin escherichia coli (VTEC) infections and how they relate to Escherichia coli (E. coli). Description of VTEC; Source of such contaminations; Comments from John Crowther, public health microbiologist, microbiology department of Unilever Research; Need for...
- An outbreak of Escherichia coli 0157:H7 involving long term shedding and person-to-person. Williams, Lloyd D.; Wilson, Bruce W. // Journal of Environmental Health;May97, Vol. 59 Issue 9, p9
Focuses on an Escherichia coli 0157:H7 outbreak involving long term shedding and person-to-person transmission in a child care center in Colorado. Attack rates of E. coli for each classroom in the center; Prevention of transmission in the center; Factors leading to E. coli outbreak in the...
- Coliform densities in urban waters of West Texas. Moorhead, Daryl L.; Davis, W. Shane; Wolf, Craig F. // Journal of Environmental Health;Mar1998, Vol. 60 Issue 7, p14
Investigates Escherichia coli and total-coliform densities in the playa lakes of the city of Lubbock, Texas. Comparison of densities with watershed and water chemistry characteristics to identify factors that may be correlated to bacterial populations; Potential sources of errors in estimates...
- E. coli O157:H7--a stranger no more. Pinkowish, Mary Desmond // Patient Care;5/15/1997, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p224
Presents the findings of a study on escherichia coli (E. coli) O157:H7 conducted by personnel at the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Prevalence of E. coli infection; Isolation of E. coli in fecal specimens from American hospitals.
- A new E. coli vector. // Patient Care;9/15/1997, Vol. 31 Issue 14, p16
Focuses on some of the potential sources for infection with Escherichia coli in Great Britain. Information on some of the observations made by a Welsh farmer.
- Tainted water raises safety issues. Walker, Ruth // Christian Science Monitor;5/30/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 131, p6
Suggests that a recent outbreak of Escherichia coli infection in Walkerton, Ontario could have been avoided if public officials had revealed information about potential public health problems.