Tags: LIBRARY resources
- The JAL guide to professional literature: Electronic resources. Altman, Ellen; Pratt, Allan // Journal of Academic Librarianship;Jul98, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p342
Summarizes journal articles related to electronic library resources. Includes `Multimedia Distribution: A View from the Supply Side,' by Myles Kesten, published in `Computers in Libraries' and `WII Books Become the Dumb Medium?,' by Eli Noam, published in `Educom Review' journal.
- New and notable. Smith, Allen // Journal of Academic Librarianship;Jul98, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p353
Presents various Web resources for academic libraries as of July 1998. Includes Academic Press' union catalog; PhotoDisc's photographic images; Chadwyck-Healey's `American Poetry 2.'
- Resources from ERIC. Masters, Denise // Emergency Librarian;May/Jun95, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p69
Reviews documents on electronic resources and related educational activities that can be utilized in the school library resource center. `Utilization of Computer-Based Technology in High School Library Media Centers. A Scholarly Study,' by Jacqueline Auerbach; `A Vision of School Library Media...
- The art of the possible: Integrating information skills and literature into the curriculum. Eaton, Gale; McCarthy, Cheryl // Emergency Librarian;Sep/Oct95, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p24
Focuses on the goals of the `Information power: Guidelines for school media programs,' to create ideal school library resource programs at a time when many school districts are experiencing financial constraints. Guidelines for the realization of an essential mission; Difficulties to manage...
- Resources from ERIC. Masters, Denise // Emergency Librarian;Mar/Apr96, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p67
Evaluates several literature-based instruction and resource documents and journal articles. Price; Summary outline.
- NEH awards $2.1 million for preservation projects. // Publishers Weekly;4/21/89, Vol. 235 Issue 16, p65
Reports on the National Endowment for the Humanities grants of $2.1 million for preservation projects.
- IRA endorses guidelines for library media programs. Barrett, B. // Reading Today;Aug/Sep89, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p22
Discusses the implications of `Information Power: Guidelines for School Library Media Programs,' which was endorsed by the International Reading Association in early 1989. Mission of media centers; Media collections; Role of the library media specialist.
- Gamma rays preserve books. // Current Science;3/30/90, Vol. 75 Issue 15, p10
Describes several processes being used to delay the decay of valuable old books. Use of gamma rays and diethyl zinc gas (DEZ).
- Making full use of your library's resources. Rux, Paul // Technology Connection;Sep95, Vol. 2 Issue 5, p47
Advises on increasing the time in use for computers, CD-ROMs, and automated card catalogs and circulation systems to increase library resources and cutting of their relative cost.
- Hooked on technology. Buboltz, Dale; Farmer, Lesley // Book Report;Nov/Dec92, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p20
Presents a round table discussion of the impact of the new technology on librarians. The question of whether the computer has brought teachers and librarians closer together; Staying afloat technologically; Some of the programs most popular with students; Word processing and graphics programs;...