Venezuela's election boosts hope for huge oil projects
- All eyes on PDVSA transactions as Venezuela struggles. Corrigan, Colleen // Asset Securitization Report;4/22/2002, Vol. 2 Issue 16, p17
Focuses on the market condition of oil company Petroleos de Venezuela SA in Venezuela. Initiation of a securitization program of the company; Intervention of the government over the operation of the company; Political planning of Venezuela President Hugo Chavez over the oil giants in the country.
- Venezuela Poised for Return to Normalcy. Bianchi, Monica // Chemical Market Reporter;2/10/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 6, p3
Focuses on the decision of P�troleos de Venezuela president Ali Rodriguez to lift the force majeure on all oil shipments in Venezuela. Accounts on the possible resumption of petrochemicals production and deliveries; Total number of employees terminated by the company.
- Oil boost. Bustos, Sergio R.; Bamrud, Joachim; Rojas, Yamilet // Latin Trade (English);Mar98, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p24
Reports that Venezuelan state oil company Petroleos de Venezuela SA has plans to produce 3.6 million barrels per day (bpd) and export 3.3 millions bpd in 1998. Denial from public officials that the increase in production plans was linked to a fall in international oil prices.
- Venezuela develops gas reserves. // Power Economics;Jan2000, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p6
Reports on the focus of Venezuela's state-owned oil monopoly Petroleos de Venezuela on gas exploration and production with the construction of three natural gas pipelines to develop the gas-rich Anaco region. Gas sector as a major beneficiary of state investment by the government; Company's...
- PDVSA launches strategy to attract private sector. Furlow, William // Offshore;Sep98, Vol. 58 Issue 9, p64
Discusses Petroleos de Venezuela's strategy to attract private investors and help finance an expansion of production. Operating agreements; Gulf development; New markets; Re-alignment.
- No more monopoly. Rigual, Luis R .; Bustos, Sergio R. // Latin Trade (English);Jul98, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p21
Reports on the Venezuelan government's granting to British Petroleum the right to sell gas in the country. Increase in the number of oil companies allowed to compete with the state-owned Petroleos de Venezuela SA.
- Venezuela's PDVSA Totters As Strike Persists. // Bank Loan Report;1/27/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p11
Describes the impact of a Venezuelan workers' national strike on Petroleos de Venezuela SA, the country's oil company. Rating downgrades received by the company; Outlook on the company's debt transactions.
- PDVSA lives, but prognosis shaky. F.O. // Asset Securitization Report;8/11/2003, Vol. 3 Issue 32, p1
Reports on the finances of the state-owned Petroleos de Venezuela SA. Effects of the strike that ran from November 2002 through January 2003; Credit rating of the firm; Doubts cast on the validity of the company's financial statements.
- P.R., U.S.V.I. watching Venezuela closely. Collins, John // Caribbean Business;1/21/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p27
Focuses on Petroleos de Venezuela S.A. (Pdvsa), Venezuela's state-owned petroleum company. Plan of President Hugo Chavez for the company; Volume of methane agreed to be supplied by Pdvsa to Enron, the largest United States natural gas trader.