America's best elementary schools
- News roundup: By the numbers. // Education Week;6/12/96, Vol. 15 Issue 38, p4
Presents a graph related to the airconditioning and carpeting of American elementary schools. Percent of space that is carpeted.
- Reconstitution gaining new momentum. Hendrie, Caroline // Education Week;09/24/97, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p1
Reports on the opening of several reconstituted schools in several states in America. Ousting of most staffs; Number of employees ousted and retained in relation to the campaign; Rate of school revamps in San Francisco, California; Position of teachers' unions in the issue.
- Changing urban elementary schools. Sykes, Maurice R. // Education Digest;Mar1995, Vol. 60 Issue 7, p45
Focuses on the reorganization of elementary schools in the United States. Requirements for change; Expansion and upgrade of early childhood programs; Process undertaken to implement changes; Establishment of demonstration centers.
- The schoolhouse runneth over. // Techniques: Making Education & Career Connections;Feb97, Vol. 72 Issue 2, p8
Reports on the increase of the population of the K-12 schools in the United States during the 1996-1997 school year.
- Top 10 school questions. Hales, Dianne // Working Mother;May95, p78
Cites a survey of 700 school principals by the National Association of Elementary School Principals on the top ten questions asked by parents when evaluating a school.
- Untitled. // Grand Saline Sun (TX);11/8/2007, Vol. 111 Issue 45, p5
A photograph featuring the fourth grade class of Hallie Randall Elementary in Fruitvale, Texas is presented.
- Schools make use of a valuable resource--volunteers. Paulson, Amanda // Christian Science Monitor;9/12/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 204, p12
Discusses the findings of a study which attempts to ascertain the role of volunteers in the comparative success of elementary schools in the United States.
- New Schools' Names Reflect Rise in Patriotism. Galley, Michelle // Education Week;3/6/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 25, p3
Focuses on the use of patriotic names on elementary schools in the U.S. Challenges encountered in the naming of schools; Suggested names for schools; Relation of the school name with the location.
- Children's use of narrative and graphical information in a database: Recommendations for... Freedman, Kerry; Sales, Greg // Journal of Research on Computing in Education;Summer98, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p329
Focuses on a study which looked at the use of databases by elementary school students in the United States. Main focus of the study; What the databases included; Procedure used in the study; Information on graphic communication; Recommendation for the development of databases for elementary...