Acyclovir for Genital Herpes
- Herpes bows to acyclovir. // Executive Health's Good Health Report;Nov93, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p1
Focuses on a report from the Acyclovir Study Group showing the effectiveness of the drug acyclovir against recurring genital herpes. Decline in outbreaks; Number of patients tested.
- Use aciclovir early in oral primary herpes infection. // Pulse;6/8/2011, Vol. 71 Issue 21, p9
The article offers tips on how to cure primary herpes infection with the use of oral medicine aciclovir.
- Advising patients with genital herpes. Patel, Raj; Cowan, Frances M. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);01/11/97, Vol. 314 Issue 7074, p85
Editorial. Focuses on the use of acyclovir as treatment for patients with genital herpes. Association of genital herpes with psychosexual morbidity; Concerns of infected people; Management of patients and their partners.
- Recurrent Genital Herpes and Suppressive Oral Acyclovir Therapy. Lehrman, Sandra Nusinoff; Douglas, John M.; Corey, Lawrence; Barry, David W. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Jun86, Vol. 104 Issue 6, p786
Discusses a study that determined the in-vitro sensitivity of herpes simplex virus isolated from patients before, during and after a placebo-controlled trial of suppressive oral acyclovir therapy. Association between in-vitro resistance of herpes simplex virus type 2 to acyclovir and...
- Acyclovir reduces viral shedding in subclinical genital herpes. Wald, Anna // American Family Physician;3/1/1995, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p893
Highlights the study presented by Anna Wald and others at the 1994 Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy. Use of acyclovir to treat the shedding of infectious virus in women with subclinical genital herpesvirus infection; Viral cultures from infected women; Presence...
- Once-Daily Valacyclovir for Suppression of Genital Herpes. Walling, Anne D. // American Family Physician;11/01/99, Vol. 60 Issue 7, p2156
Evaluates the use of suppressive antiviral therapy for genital herpes. Pharmacotherapy of genital herpes; Effectiveness of daily valaclovir therapy on genital herpes.
- Short Course of Acyclovir for Genital Herpes. Zepf, Bill // American Family Physician;8/15/2002, Vol. 66 Issue 4, p654
Presents an abstract of the study 'Two-day Regimen of Acyclovir for Treatment of Recurrent Genital Herpes Simplex Virus Type 2 Infection,' by A. Wald et al., from the April 1, 2002 issue of the 'Clinical Infectious Diseases.'
- Valacyclovir is as effective as acyclovir for treating first-episode genital herpes. Fife, Kenneth H. // Modern Medicine;Dec97, Vol. 65 Issue 12, p25
Presents a comparison of the efficacy of antiviral valacyclovir hydrochloride and acyclovir in accelerating the resolution of first-episode genital herpes simplex virus lesions. Duration of shedding; Time to healing; Duration of pain; Time to resolution of all symptoms; Maximum number of lesions.
- Acyclovir is effective in treating herpes over five-year period. Rodman, Morton J.; Hurley, Mary Lou // RN;Nov93, Vol. 56 Issue 11, p85
Reports on the effectiveness of acyclovir (Zovirax) in treating genital herpes. Publication of study entitled `Long-Term Suppression of Recurrent Genital Herpes with Acyclovir' by L.H. Goldberg, R. Kaufman and others in the 1993 issue of `Archives of Dermatology' periodical; Decline in the...