- Balance of power: salmon vs. dams Titone, Julie // Earthwatch: The Journal of Earthwatch Institute;Sep/Oct1992, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p8
No abstract available.
- Selective Fishing In Store For NW Salmon Anglers. Ohaus, Tom // Salt Water Sportsman;May99, Vol. 60 Issue 5, p62
Focuses on selective fishing for salt water salmon in the Northwest. Areas placed under the Endangered Species Act listings; Categories of salmon; Details on the West Coast salmon crisis; Difference between wild fish and those from hatcheries.
- Mightiest sport fish in peril. Obee, Bruce // Beautiful British Columbia;Winter99, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p43
Presents information about British Columbia's chinook salmon, such as breeding, longevity and conservation measures being undertaken to protect the species.
- Declining salmon and steelhead populations: new endangered species concerns for the West Williams, Jack E.; Nehlsen, Willa; Lichatowich, James A. // Endangered Species Update;Feb1992, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p1
No abstract available.
- Goodbye snake river salmon. // Fly Fisherman;Dec99, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p26
Reports the decline of Chinook salmon found in Snake River in the United States.
- Fish with nowhere to run. Satchell, Michael // U.S. News & World Report;12/19/94, Vol. 117 Issue 24, p34
Reports that a new endangered-species battle over salmon is about to erupt in the Pacific Northwest. How salmon are in decline due to overfishing, degradation of spawning steams and dams that block the juvenile fish's migration to the ocean; Recommendation that coho or `silver' salmon be listed...
- Salmon Runs Surprise Scientists In The Lower Eel River. Coombs, Amy // Econews;Dec2010/Jan2011, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p3
The article informs that increase in the number of Chinook salmon in the lower Eel River in comparison to the last year has surprised researchers as they have predicted that the fish will go extinct within 50 years.
- Maine Affiliate Calls for Cooperation on Salmon Recovery. // International Wildlife;May/Jun2000, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p8
Reports the controversy regarding the petition of adding the Atlantic salmon into the federal endangered species list in Maine. List of organizations opposing and supporting the petition; Reasons raised by oppositionist for blocking the petition; Strategies employed by the Maine Audubon Society...
- Atlantic Salmon (Salmo salar). // Endangered Species Bulletin;Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p27
Reports on the enlisting of the Atlantic salmon as an endangered specie by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and the National Marine Fisheries Service.