HCFA expects big savings from new claims system
- HCFA urged to communicate Y2K requirements directly. Cassil, Alwyn // AHA News;08/24/98, Vol. 34 Issue 33, p1
Reports that the United States Health Care Financing Administration (HCFA) has instructed the intermediaries to tell hospitals that all Medicare claims must be year 2000 computer problem compliant by January 1, 1999. Typical communication process; Various views on the issue. INSET: Steps for...
- HCFA's evolving role. Kadas, Richard // Health Management Technology;Jul95, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p46
Describes the role of the US Health Care Financing Administration (HCFA) in the development of healthcare electronic data interchange (EDI) standards. Volume of Medicare claims processed in 1993; HCFA's commitment to reducing paperwork in claims administration; Proposed incentives to...
- Medicare Transactions. Friel, Brian // Government Executive;Apr2000, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p68
Focuses on the Medicare claims processing system, the Medicare Transaction System, implemented by the United States Health Care Financing Administration. History of the agency's computer problems; Contracts awarded by the agency to vendors for the system; Functions and features of the system;...
- HCFA briefs providers on proposed Medicare Transaction System. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Jun94, Vol. 48 Issue 6, p5
Reports on Health Care Financing Administration (HCFA) officials' briefing of provider and contractor associations on the proposed Medicare Transaction System (MTS), the new Medicare claims processing system. Design and time frame of the implementation of MTS.
- HCFA looks to MTS for big savings. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);May95, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p7
Reports on the impact of the Medicare Transaction System (MTS) on the operational expenses of the US Health Care Financing Administration (HCFA). Consolidation of HCFA's claims processing activities into one system; Improvements under the MTS.
- HCFA reviews OASIS reporting rule. Saphir, Ann // Modern Healthcare;04/26/99, Vol. 29 Issue 17, p40
Reports on the regulatory changes on Medicare reimbursement imposed by the United States Health Care Financing Administration. Benefits of the changes to home health agencies; Details on the Outcome and Assessment Information Set; Information on the change in billing requirement.
- HCFA to Allow Phone Requests of Medicare Part B Initial Determination Reviews. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Nov99, Vol. 53 Issue 11, p10
States that the United States Health Care Financing Administration will allow any party entitled to request a review of a Medicare carrier's claim through telephone by February 1, 2000. Conditions on how a party could request a review; Impact of the rule on written procedures for initiating...
- Payment. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;4/20/94, Vol. 68 Issue 8, p24
Reports that the support and oversight from Health Care Financing Administration (HCFA) management and from the Congress is the key to the success of a standardized claims processing system, the Medicare Transaction System (MTS). Goals to be achieved; General Accounting Office's (GAO) warnings...
- Errors can lead to Medicare claim denials. Jerram, Karen // Ophthalmology Times;06/15/99, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p34
Discusses some of the most common mistakes in preparing and submitting patient bills. Tips in filing paper claims; Examples of information often omitted in the Health Care Financing Administration (HCFA) 1500 claims forms; Payment modifiers of concern to ophthalmologists.