Kmart institutes new dress code
- Kmart exec quits. // Crain's Detroit Business;4/1/96, Vol. 12 Issue 14, p24
Announces the resignation of Kenneth Watson, executive vice president of marketing at Kmart Corporation. Name of his successors; Ernest Heether appointed senior vice president of merchandising; Purchase of shares by Warren Flick, president of Kmart Stores.
- BlueLight Staffs Up Via Dot-com Cutbacks. Seckler, Valerie // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/14/2000, Vol. 180 Issue 8, p14
Reports on the plan of BlueLight.com to expand its workforce. Factors that influenced BlueLight's decision to expand its technology and merchandising workforce; Comments of Mark Goldstein, chief executive officer of BlueLight.com, on the significance of the expansion on the company's electronic...
- Kmart to lay off 73 from ad department. Moin, David // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/12/1993, Vol. 166 Issue 71, p19
Reports on Kmart Corp.s dismissal of 73 employees from its advertising department effective December 10, 1993. Cancellation of weekly internal circular; Move of creative production processes to Meridian Retail; Operating costs; Decrease in discounter's profits for 1993.
- KMART FIRES CONAWAY CRONIES. // DSN Retailing Today;1/27/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p6
Reports on the dismissal of five executives due to the retention loans scandal at Kmart Corp. in Michigan.
- Price tag to keep key employees: $289.6M. Merx, Katie // Crain's Detroit Business;1/28/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p37
Reports the need to retain key employees despite of the bankruptcy status by Kmart Corp. in Troy, Michigan. Reasons for retention of managers to the company; Need to create incentives for retention of managers; Creation of employee-retention plan; Details of the employee-retention plan.
- Kmart to hand out 1,254 pink slips in Indiana. Lieber, Tammy // Indianapolis Business Journal;2/3/2003, Vol. 23 Issue 48, p41
Reports on the retrenchment of employees at Kmart Corp. due to bankruptcy in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- INDUSTRY NEWS. // MMR;8/20/2012, Vol. 29 Issue 13, p1
The article offers industrial news briefs as of August 20, 2012 on topics including decrease in the Kronos Retail Labor Index by 4.2 percent, expansion of school uniform stores by Kmart Corp., and launch of Flu shots at medical stores.
- Kmart appoints new managers. Ryan, Frances // Caribbean Business;6/15/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 24, p24
Reports that Kmart has been reassigning new store managers to several key stores around Puerto Rico. Wilberto Rodriguez; Armando Viera.
- Kmart reshuffles buying, merchandising executives. Tosh, Mark // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/30/1996, Vol. 172 Issue 20, p2
Reports that Kmart has restructured its merchandising organization. Announcement of cross-functional teams, with buyers working side by side with merchandise planners, product development staff and sourcing experts; Reduction of the number of buyers.