Kmart institutes new dress code
- Kmart exec quits. // Crain's Detroit Business;4/1/96, Vol. 12 Issue 14, p24
Announces the resignation of Kenneth Watson, executive vice president of marketing at Kmart Corporation. Name of his successors; Ernest Heether appointed senior vice president of merchandising; Purchase of shares by Warren Flick, president of Kmart Stores.
- BlueLight Staffs Up Via Dot-com Cutbacks. Seckler, Valerie // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/14/2000, Vol. 180 Issue 8, p14
Reports on the plan of BlueLight.com to expand its workforce. Factors that influenced BlueLight's decision to expand its technology and merchandising workforce; Comments of Mark Goldstein, chief executive officer of BlueLight.com, on the significance of the expansion on the company's electronic...
- Kmart to lay off 73 from ad department. Moin, David // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/12/1993, Vol. 166 Issue 71, p19
Reports on Kmart Corp.s dismissal of 73 employees from its advertising department effective December 10, 1993. Cancellation of weekly internal circular; Move of creative production processes to Meridian Retail; Operating costs; Decrease in discounter's profits for 1993.
- KMART FIRES CONAWAY CRONIES. // DSN Retailing Today;1/27/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p6
Reports on the dismissal of five executives due to the retention loans scandal at Kmart Corp. in Michigan.
- Kmart to hand out 1,254 pink slips in Indiana. Lieber, Tammy // Indianapolis Business Journal;2/3/2003, Vol. 23 Issue 48, p41
Reports on the retrenchment of employees at Kmart Corp. due to bankruptcy in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Price tag to keep key employees: $289.6M. Merx, Katie // Crain's Detroit Business;1/28/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p37
Reports the need to retain key employees despite of the bankruptcy status by Kmart Corp. in Troy, Michigan. Reasons for retention of managers to the company; Need to create incentives for retention of managers; Creation of employee-retention plan; Details of the employee-retention plan.
- Kmart tops grocery veteran to lead SuperKmart. Heller, Laura // Discount Store News;8/18/97, Vol. 36 Issue 16, p3
Reports about the appointment of grocery veteran Larry Andersen as president of SuperKmart and vice president of Kmart Corporation. Comment of several executives on Andersen's appointment; Speculations on Kmart's dedication to SuperK; Comment of Bob Obernesser of McMillan about Andersen's...
- Kmart appoints new managers. Ryan, Frances // Caribbean Business;6/15/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 24, p24
Reports that Kmart has been reassigning new store managers to several key stores around Puerto Rico. Wilberto Rodriguez; Armando Viera.
- Kmart reshuffles buying, merchandising executives. Tosh, Mark // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/30/1996, Vol. 172 Issue 20, p2
Reports that Kmart has restructured its merchandising organization. Announcement of cross-functional teams, with buyers working side by side with merchandise planners, product development staff and sourcing experts; Reduction of the number of buyers.