- Social studies/history. Semple, Patricia // Multimedia Schools;Jan/Feb96, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p63
Presents several computer software related to social studies and history. Includes `American History Explorer Multimedia' from Parsons Technology; `Geography Search' from Tom Snyder Productions; `How Would You Survive?' from Grolier Electronic Publishing; `Myths of Ancient Greece' from Queue Inc.
- Social Studies/History. Pemberton, Heather // Multimedia Schools;May/Jun95, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p80
Describes CD-ROM, videodiscs and software titles for K-12 social studies and history education. Includes The Discovery Toolkit from Pierian Spring Software; The Eyewitness History of the World by Dorling Kindersley; A House Divided: The Lincoln-Douglas Debates from Grafica Multimedia Inc.;...
- Social studies & history. Semple, Patricia // Multimedia Schools;Jan/Feb99, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p54
Introduces several software for use in teaching social studies in history. Includes 20th Century American History; American Government; Survivors: Testimonies of the Holocaust.
- Changing Your Social Studies Curriculum? Ellis, Hedrick // Curriculum Administrator;Oct98, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p10
Provides information on how to motivate students with group-energizing software. Trends in the approaches to teaching social studies; Creation of social studies software; Changes in computer technology; How can software help students work better in groups.
- Social Studies/History. Semple, Patricia // Multimedia Schools;Jan/Feb97, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p54
Focuses on CD-ROMs that provide information to students on historical places and social studies, these include Adventure Time, American Heritage: The History of the United States for Young People, and The American Presidency, among others. What age group were these features designed for; What...
- Ten views of the past: Software that brings history to life. Parham, Charles // Technology & Learning;Mar94, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p36
Features software programs for teaching history. 20th Century Video Almanac--The Best of Our Century CD-ROM from The Software Toolworks; CD Sourcebook of American History from Candlelight Publishing; U.S. History on CD-ROM from the Bureau of Electronic Publishing; The Enduring Vision electronic...
- "So, What's next for Clio?": CD-ROM and historians. Rosenzweig, Roy // Journal of American History;Mar95, Vol. 81 Issue 4, p1621
Comments on the application of electronic media such as CD-ROMs in the research, analysis and teaching of history. Databases, documentaries, games, and books on CD-ROM.
- Software review. Troutner, Joanne // Emergency Librarian;Mar/Apr93, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p64
Reviews some social studies software programs that can be used in a humanities setting. Includes Decisions, Decisions: On the campaign trail; Solve it! American history mysteries; Chronos is a multimedia timeline; Time riders in American history.
- PRODUCT: TIMELINER XE. Holzberg, Carol S.; Huber, Joe // Technology & Learning;Oct2008, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p26
The article evaluates the Timeliner XE history teaching software from Tom Snyder Productions.