Worthen shareholders back Boatmen's deal
- Boatmen's buying Worthen of Arkansas. Racine, John // American Banker;8/19/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 160, p1
Reports on Boatmen's Bancshares' agreement to acquire Worthen Banking Corp. Value of the deal; Comments of analysts on the merger; Benefits of the merger to Boatmen.
- Boatmen's builds an empire--in Memphis. Timmons, Heather // American Banker;10/23/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 204, p30
Focuses on the efforts of Boatmen's Bancshares to build its mortgage business in Memphis, Tennessee. Acquisition of National Mortgage and Worthen Banking Corp.; Plans to increase mortgage origination volume in 1995.
- Why Worthen sold: For stockholders. Racine, John // American Banker;8/22/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 161, p6
Reports on the reasons of Worthen Banking Corp. Chairman Curt Bradbury in deciding to sell the bank to Boatmen's Bancshares. Advantage to shareholders; Bradbury's reputation in the banking industry; Bank's investigation by the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis into links with the Stephens...
- Activists call on Fed to block Boatmen's bid to buy Worthen. Seiberg, Jaret // American Banker;1/13/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 9, p2
Reports on the controversy surrounding the proposed acquisition of Worthen Banking Corp. by Boatmen's Bancshares. Criticism of acquisition by the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now; Alleged violations of Community Reinvestment Act.
- Worthen of Arkansas bid up on merger rumors. Racine, John // American Banker;8/11/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 154, p16
Reports on rumors of Arkansas-based Worthen Banking Corp.'s sale to Nationsbank Corp. or Boatmen's Bancshares Incorporated. Price; Effect of potential savings from banking expense ratio reduction on premiums; Target price; Other banks rumored to be interested in Worthen.
- Boatmen's names postmerger CEO for Worthen. Gold, Jacqueline S. // American Banker;2/1/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 21, p7
Reports on the appointment of Charles B. Dudley III as chairman and chief executive officer of Worthen Banking Corp., a newly acquired company of Boatmen's Bancshares.
- Green light for Boatmen's Worthen deal. Oppenheim, Sara; Seiberg, Jaret // American Banker;1/24/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 15, p4
Reports on the US Federal Reserve Board's permission for Boatmen's Bancshares' acquisition of Worthen Banking Corporation. Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now's complaint against the acquisition.
- Boatmen's gets rave from Lehman Brothers. Matthews, Gordon // American Banker;7/1/1993, Vol. 158 Issue 125, p20
Presents banking analyst Mark T. Lynch's analysis of Boatmen's Bancshares Inc.'s performance at the stock market on June 30, 1993. Falling quarterly loan-loss provisions as a factor; Factors in Boatmen's Bancshares' earnings outlook; Predicted positive performance for second quarter of 1993.
- Boatmen's buying two Texas banks. // American Banker;11/17/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 222, p5
Reports on two agreements signed by Boatmen's Bancshares to acquire two Texas banks in separate transactions. Banks to be acquired; Terms of the acquisition; Financial information on Boatmen's.