Secretariat of Trade and Industrial Development
- BLANCO ON TRADE; CLARKE TAKES HELM. // Business Mexico;Apr2000, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p13
Reports on the American Chamber of Commerce of Mexico's year 2000 general meeting. Mexican Commerce Secretary Herminio Blanco's presentation focusing on the country's economic development.
- Trading timelines. Pruitt, Scarlet // Business Mexico;Nov1999, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p14
Reports on the benefits and limitations created by the signing of a free trade deal between Mexico and the European Union. Commerce Secretary Herminio Blanco's expectation of a signed accord by the end of 1999; Problematic issues; Details of the import tariff elimination timeline offered by...
- We're not backing down. Sheehy, Kate // Business Mexico;Apr1995, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p5
Reports on Mexico's monetary policy as explained by Trade Secretary Herminio Blanco in a speech at the American Chamber/Mexico's 1995 meeting. Mexican government's investment unit program; Projected exports growth in 1995; Blanco's caution against economic setbacks.
- MEXICO'S TRADE PLATFORM: HAS IT DELIVERED? FRANCO, ARTURO // Latin Trade (English);Jul/Aug2013, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p58
The article reports on the challenge facing Mexico in terms of diversification of its export markets in 2013. It mentions that Mexican economist Herminio Alonso Blanco Mendoza lost to Brazilian ambassador Roberto Azevedo in the election to lead the World Trade Organization. It also offers...
- Best strategy: free trade. // Latin Trade (English);Jan1999, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p12
Highlights Latin Trade Forums' leadership conference, held in Miami, Florida, in October 1998. Roundtable of Latin American and United States public and private sector leaders; Discussion on free trade; Mexico's Commerce Secretary Herminio Blanco's concerns about the rise of protectionism in...
- Feathering the flamingo's nest. Mackey, Chris // Americas;Jan/Feb95, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p2
Reports on the efforts to protect the American flamingo at the Rio Lagartos National Park in Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula. Features of the sanctuary; Protection program by the Secretariat of Urban Development and Ecology; Studies on the bird.
- Land of opportunity. Lodise, Carmelo // Business Mexico;Mar1995, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p11
Examines the implications of the devalued peso for Mexico's agricultural trade deficits. Plan to decentralize the functions of the Agriculture Secretariat; Products which led the growth in total agricultural imports and exports; Trade with the United States; Policies being developed to...
- Interview with Secretary of Social Development Luis Donaldo Colosio. Estrada, Alfredo J. // Hispanic;Nov1992, Vol. 5 Issue 10, p48
Interviews Luis Donaldo Colosio, Mexico's Secretary of Social Development. Secretariat of Social Development (SEDESOL); SEDESOL's aim and concept for social development; Duties and functions of the Office of the Attorney General for the Protection of the Environment; North American Free Trade...
- Secretariat of the Treasury. // Business Mexico;Special Edition 1995, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p13
Features the appointment of Guillermo Ortiz Martinez as Secretariat of the Treasury of Mexico. Educational background; Role in the reprivatization of banks in Mexico; Emphasis on making the banking industry more competitive.