Office landscaping for a new era
Tags: OFFICE layout
- Some firms reconsider open-office design. Thomas, Christine // Crain's Cleveland Business;8/16/93, Vol. 14 Issue 33, p13
Reports on evolution of approach to office design. Evaluation of open-office design concept; Analysis of company's work requirement before opting for open-office layout; Level of employee interaction and teamwork; Visual and acoustic privacy.
- Creative space. Light, Elizabeth // NZ Business;Nov96, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p41
Focuses on the creative office layout, and the view that this changes rapidly. Impact changes in information technology has on office design; Flexibility in the layout of offices; Advantages and disadvantages of having an open office; Information on office furniture. INSETS: Planning for the...
- Cost is not only issue when planning an office. Cooper Jr., Richard B. // San Diego Business Journal;3/6/95, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p13A
Focuses on the issues in planning for an office. Review of areas before making decisions; Cost consideration; Furniture needs; Government requirements.
- Has the paperless office finally arrived? Valovic, Tom // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Mar96, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p10
Opinion. Presents information on the possibility of having a paperless office environment. Involvement of MCI; Benefits of a paperless office.
- An office of one's own. Vaz, Valeria // Essence (Essence);Aug95, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p44
Presents tips on how to create an office at home. Dimensions; Separating work space from family activities; Adequate ventilation and lighting; Decoration; Expenses; Contact information.
- Disorganization--not lack of space--may be your problem. Very, Pat // San Diego Business Journal;01/12/98, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p14
Discusses office technology, while claiming that a lack of office space is usually as a result of disorganization which often limits office space, rather than an actual lack of space. Details on an experiment that can be used by office users to ensure adequate space.
- Making the small office work. Edwards, Paul; Edwards, Sarah // PC World;Dec1993, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p282
Advises on how to set up an efficient small office. Convenience; Comfort; Functionality; Location; Furniture and furnishings; Rental of space; Lighting as a major environmental factor affecting productivity; Office equipment; Separation of office from other activities; Home office's demarcation...
- Furniture that grows on you (As your firm grows). // Buildings;Sep95, Vol. 89 Issue 9, p63
Discusses the various aspects of alternative officing. Solutions for teaming and office realignment; Accommodating virtual workers; Planning for teleconferencing, and mergers and acquisitions; Assessment of the available infrastructure.
- Office design driven by tech trends, cost control. Beal, Eileen // Crain's Cleveland Business;05/21/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 21, p22
Reports factors driving workplace and layout designs in Cleveland, Ohio. Effects of office designs to employees; Features of a convenient office; Role of technology in office designing.