The right way to protect Medicare
- Congress Boosts 2003 Medicare Fees. // Review of Ophthalmology;Mar2003, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p10
Reports on the passage of an Omnibus Appropriations Bill provision that would eliminate some percentage in physician Medicare payments in the U.S. Implications for the health care industry.
- Medicare managed care to save 8%. Geron, Christopher J. // AHA News;2/6/95, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p3
Reports on the need for restructuring the Medicare to gain substantial savings according to Congressional Budget Office (CBO) assistant director Paul Van de Water.
- Panel approves Medicare Select expansion. Kostreski, Farah // AHA News;2/27/95, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p1
Reports on the approval of the Medicare Select expansion program by the US House Ways and Means Committee's health subcommittee. Reprimand of Rep. Pete Stark for criticizing Rep. Nancy Johnson; Efforts to develop policy allowing Medicare to experiment with competitive bidding for health...
- Plans to reform Medicare won't save it: Experts. Aston, Geri // AHA News;2/27/95, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p1
Discusses the ineffectiveness of Medicare reform proposals in saving the program. Trend towards managed care; Comments by Health Care Financing Administration (HCFA) Administrator Bruce C. Vladeck; Breakdown of Medicare expenditures.
- What's behind Medicare spending growth? Bentley, James D. // AHA News;3/6/95, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p6
Comments on the growth of Medicare spending and proposed Medicare budget reductions. Reasons for the increase in spending; Impact of approved budget reductions on hospitals and health systems; Opposition to arbitrary spending reductions; Limits to the ability of the Medicare program to absorb...
- Health care fact. // AHA News;3/13/95, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p2
Presents a graph depicting the proportion of medicare expenditures attributable to substance abuse.
- Health care fact. // AHA News;3/20/95, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p2
Presents information on average Medicare outlays per beneficiary by health status in 1993.
- Medicare experts warn: `Save the hospital fund'. Kostreski, Farah // AHA News;4/10/95, Vol. 31 Issue 15, p1
Reports on Medicare's presidentially appointed watchdogs' call for the US Congress to address the financial crisis of the Medicare trust funds. Members of the Medicare trustees; Recommendation for the review of Medicare's financing methods, benefit provisions and delivery mechanisms; Call for...
- Seniors, budget cutters head for Medicare showdown. Kostreski, Farah // AHA News;4/17/95, Vol. 31 Issue 16, p1
Reports on the dispute concerning the restructuring of the Medicare program in the United States. Results of the 1995 annual report from Medicare trustees; Reasons for Medicare's insolvency; Comment by Gail Wilensky, senior fellow at Project HOPE.