- Tripping in L.A. Bethany, Marilyn // House Beautiful;Nov94, Vol. 136 Issue 11, p58
Reports on the tour of commercial postwar Los Angeles, California architecture sponsored by the Modern Committee of the Los Angeles Conservancy. Includes a tour of the 1954 Capitol Records headquarters in Vine; Commercial strip at South Beverly Drive erected between 1947 and 1958; Googie's on...
- Art and Architecture, a Synthesis. Tostões, Ana // Docomomo Journal;Summer2010, Issue 42, p2
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses the theme of the issue which is the relation between art and architecture.
- In Retro-spect. // Australian House & Garden;Dec2001, Issue 12, p97
Presents various trends and styles set and sourced by designer Nola Charles in Australia. Demand for retro designs; Return of the furniture styles from the sixties; Similarities between the designs of the twenties and sixties.
- Midcentury design at risk in New Orleans. Kennedy, Shawn // Architectural Record;Apr2008, Vol. 196 Issue 4, p19
The article reports on a warning issued by a panel of architects, critics, and preservationists that the 20th-century architectural heritage of New Orleans, Louisiana is at risk due to the public's desire to see the storm-damaged city rebuilt quickly and a general disregard for structures of the...
- Imagining the Modern. ROSENBLUM, CHARLES // Architecture Boston;Winter2015, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p18
The article reviews the exhibition "Imagining the Modern" at the Carnegie Museum of Art's Heinz Architectural Center in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania which will run through May 2, 2016.
- TOPOMOMO. // Architektur Aktuell;Jul/Aug2012, Issue 388/389, p124
The article presents the international architectural project "Topography of the buildings in the modern age" (TOPO-MOMO), which will examine buildings of the new architecture movement of 1910 until 1930.
- Modernist buildings in a fix. McDaniels, Andrea // Christian Science Monitor;10/2/98, Vol. 90 Issue 217, p1
Focuses on the debate in Brasilia, Brazil over whether the modernist architecture, which is in need of repair, is worth saving. When the idea of Brasilia was conceived; Comments from architect Ann Beha, head of Ann Beha Associates; Why some people do not like modernist architecture; The role of...
- DECO DELUXE. Micucci, Dana; Freund, Anthony Barzilay // Town & Country;Jul2003, Vol. 157 Issue 5278, p51
Provides information on Art Deco, the sleek, geometric style that yielded exquisite Cartier gems, streamline furniture and architectural landmarks like New York's Chrysler Building.
- New Zealand. Bull, Felicity // C20: The Magazine of the Twentieth Century Society;Spring2008, p16
The author talks about Art Deco buildings she had seen during a tour in New Zealand in 2007. She asserts that Napier is the center of Art Deco structures in the country. She cites that such buildings in the country include the Masonic Hotel, the building of the periodical "The Daily Telegraph"...