Toward a methodological critique of sustainable development
- Where is Canada in the picture? Buhr, Nola // Business Quarterly;Spring97, Vol. 61 Issue 3, p9
Presents information on Canadian businesses' active involvement and leadership position in sustainable development. Definition of sustainable development and its implications; How the Canadian government moves beyond environmental protection and considers sustainable development; Companies that...
- Climate change, human health, and sustainable development. Martens, W.J.M.; Sloff, R.; Jackson, E.K. // Bulletin of the World Health Organization;1997, Vol. 75 Issue 6, p583
Reviews the health consequences of human-induced climate change on sustainable development, focusing on the potential impact of such change on food supply, natural disasters, infectious diseases, ecosystems, and sea level rise. Reason for concept; Model discussed; Examination conducted in study.
- Sustainable development. Schiefelbein, Gregory // Economic Development Review;Summer92, Vol. 10 Issue 3, Summer 1992 p13
Discusses sustainable development. Validity of the view that environmental regulations destroy jobs; Need for environmental controls to be constructive; Criticisms against the Endangered Species Act; Contribution of tourism to sustainable development; Boom in nuclear and industrial waste cleanup.
- Statement of the International Peoples' Tribunal on Human Rights and the Environment: Sustainable... Mendlovitz, Saul H. // Alternatives: Global, Local, Political;Jan-Mar1998, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p109
Focuses on the Tribunal on Human Rights and the Environment, by the International Peoples', which relates to the sustainable development in connection to globalization. Detailed information on the International Peoples' Tribunal on Human Rights and the Environment; Reference to the...
- Hospital to expand on environmental success. // Health Facilities Management;Jun2011, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p6
The article reports on the preparations being made by Franklin Square Hospital Center in Baltimore, Maryland to expand its Be Square, Be Green sustainability program that was introduced in 2008.
- Sustainability indicator projects. // In Business;Jul/Aug95, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p10
Reports on projects in the United States that monitor movement toward sustainability at the state and community level. Inventory by the Global Tomorrow Coalition; Sustainable Seattle; Minnesota Milestones report; Other projects.
- NWF, New England affiliates work for sustainable growth in region. // International Wildlife;Mar/Apr93, Vol. 23 Issue 2, Wildlife Digest p29
Announces the report `What Sustainable Development Means for Vermont,' by the National Wildlife Foundation's Northeast Natural Resource Center in Vermont. How to preserve Vermont's open rural landscape while providing jobs; Governor's Council of Environmental Advisors.
- A new definition of national security. Hair, Jay D. // International Wildlife;Mar/Apr94, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p30
Presents sustainable development as the central goal for national security. Threats of environmental degradation, poverty and the population explosion; Consequences of environmental problems; Steps taken by the government to redefine national security; United Nations International Conference on...
- Assateague Uses `Green' Methods to Renovate. Daerr, Elizabeth G. // National Parks;May/Jun2000, Vol. 74 Issue 5/6, p18
Features the sustainable design projects at the Assateague Island National Seashore in Maryland. Details on the Green Energy Parks program; Renovation of the Toms Cove Visitor Center; Fund for the projects.
- Tennessee River Park. Schwab, Jim // Planning;Apr98, Vol. 64 Issue 4, p10
Focuses on the efforts of the residents of Chattanooga, Tennessee to use sustainable development and create the Tennessee River Park. Implementation of the Tennessee Riverpark's development plan; Financial support from the people; Features of the park; Award received by the plan; Continued...